Aug 6, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The whistle blows Sunday for the Charity Shield at famed Wembley Stadium, where Premier League champs Manchester United will meet FA Cup winners Wigan. That’s also the official warning whistle to indicate Premier League greatness is but a weekend away — so it’s the curtain-raiser before the curtain-raiser that way.
Your critical Premier League bookmarks will include NBCSports.com and (naturally) your favorite blogging site, ProSoccerTalk, in the run-up to another big season in global soccer’s marquee league. Don’t forget, you can watch every Premier League contest live on NBC Sports Network and the NBC Sports Group.
For proper Premier League prep, PST is dropping a series of team previews. Our colleagues with the cameras and microphones are on it, too, working up a “What you need to know about …” series for each of the 20 clubs. Your best bet: study it all! You can find all the written previews and the video guides here.
Next up: Southampton, as the Saints look to improve on last year’s 14th-place finish.
The season begins Aug. 17.
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return 1
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 1
- Watch Live: West Ham United vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0