Aug 6, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The whistle blows Sunday for the Charity Shield at famed Wembley Stadium, where Premier League champs Manchester United will meet FA Cup winners Wigan. That’s also the official warning whistle to indicate Premier League greatness is but a weekend away — so it’s the curtain-raiser before the curtain-raiser that way.
Your critical Premier League bookmarks will include NBCSports.com and (naturally) your favorite blogging site, ProSoccerTalk, in the run-up to another big season in global soccer’s marquee league. Don’t forget, you can watch every Premier League contest live on NBC Sports Network and the NBC Sports Group.
For proper Premier League prep, PST is dropping a series of team previews. Our colleagues with the cameras and microphones are on it, too, working up a “What you need to know about …” series for each of the 20 clubs. Your best bet: study it all! You can find all the written previews and the video guides here.
Next up: Southampton, as the Saints look to improve on last year’s 14th-place finish.
The season begins Aug. 17.
- FOLLOW LIVE — Copa America: Peru and Paraguay clash for third place 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3
- Chile vs. Argentina – Three key battles that will decide the Copa America final 0
- Chelsea confirm season-long loan deal for Radamel Falcao 3
- MLS preview: Timbers vs. Earthquakes, Galaxy vs. Toronto FC headline Week 18 0