Aug 6, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The whistle blows Sunday for the Charity Shield at famed Wembley Stadium, where Premier League champs Manchester United will meet FA Cup winners Wigan. That’s also the official warning whistle to indicate Premier League greatness is but a weekend away — so it’s the curtain-raiser before the curtain-raiser that way.
Your critical Premier League bookmarks will include NBCSports.com and (naturally) your favorite blogging site, ProSoccerTalk, in the run-up to another big season in global soccer’s marquee league. Don’t forget, you can watch every Premier League contest live on NBC Sports Network and the NBC Sports Group.
For proper Premier League prep, PST is dropping a series of team previews. Our colleagues with the cameras and microphones are on it, too, working up a “What you need to know about …” series for each of the 20 clubs. Your best bet: study it all! You can find all the written previews and the video guides here.
Next up: Southampton, as the Saints look to improve on last year’s 14th-place finish.
The season begins Aug. 17.
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3