Aug 6, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The whistle blows Sunday for the Charity Shield at famed Wembley Stadium, where Premier League champs Manchester United will meet FA Cup winners Wigan. That’s also the official warning whistle to indicate Premier League greatness is but a weekend away — so it’s the curtain-raiser before the curtain-raiser that way.
Your critical Premier League bookmarks will include NBCSports.com and (naturally) your favorite blogging site, ProSoccerTalk, in the run-up to another big season in global soccer’s marquee league. Don’t forget, you can watch every Premier League contest live on NBC Sports Network and the NBC Sports Group.
For proper Premier League prep, PST is dropping a series of team previews. Our colleagues with the cameras and microphones are on it, too, working up a “What you need to know about …” series for each of the 20 clubs. Your best bet: study it all! You can find all the written previews and the video guides here.
Next up: Stoke City, where Americans Geoff Cameron (pictured), Brek Shea, Maurice Edu and (soon enough) Juan Agudelo are under employment.
The season begins Aug. 17.
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 0
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 0
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 2