Aug 6, 2013, 11:02 PM EST
If Tim Ream ever has a chance of finding his way back into the national team, it starts with regular appearances for Bolton.
Ream failed to make Wanderers starting 11 last weekend as Bolton opened the English Championship with a worthy 1-1 draw at Burnley. The former New York Red Bull did, however, get into Dougie Freedman’s team for a 3-1 win at Shrewsbury in a Capital One Cup match on Wednesday.
Bolton is on to the Capital One Cup’s second round; the draw is Thursday afternoon in England.
All of Wednesday’s results in England’s undercard tournament – a distant second to the FA Cup, that is – are here.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3