Aug 6, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
If Tim Ream ever has a chance of finding his way back into the national team, it starts with regular appearances for Bolton.
Ream failed to make Wanderers starting 11 last weekend as Bolton opened the English Championship with a worthy 1-1 draw at Burnley. The former New York Red Bull did, however, get into Dougie Freedman’s team for a 3-1 win at Shrewsbury in a Capital One Cup match on Wednesday.
Bolton is on to the Capital One Cup’s second round; the draw is Thursday afternoon in England.
All of Wednesday’s results in England’s undercard tournament – a distant second to the FA Cup, that is – are here.
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 0
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s