Aug 6, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
If Tim Ream ever has a chance of finding his way back into the national team, it starts with regular appearances for Bolton.
Ream failed to make Wanderers starting 11 last weekend as Bolton opened the English Championship with a worthy 1-1 draw at Burnley. The former New York Red Bull did, however, get into Dougie Freedman’s team for a 3-1 win at Shrewsbury in a Capital One Cup match on Wednesday.
Bolton is on to the Capital One Cup’s second round; the draw is Thursday afternoon in England.
All of Wednesday’s results in England’s undercard tournament – a distant second to the FA Cup, that is – are here.
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 1
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes