Aug 6, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
If Tim Ream ever has a chance of finding his way back into the national team, it starts with regular appearances for Bolton.
Ream failed to make Wanderers starting 11 last weekend as Bolton opened the English Championship with a worthy 1-1 draw at Burnley. The former New York Red Bull did, however, get into Dougie Freedman’s team for a 3-1 win at Shrewsbury in a Capital One Cup match on Wednesday.
Bolton is on to the Capital One Cup’s second round; the draw is Thursday afternoon in England.
All of Wednesday’s results in England’s undercard tournament – a distant second to the FA Cup, that is – are here.
- VIDEO: Is relegation a possibility for Newcastle United? 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 3
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 1
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1