Aug 8, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Alejandro Bedoya has signed a three year contract with newly promoted Ligue 1 side FC Nantes, according to the club’s official website.
We highlighted Bedoya’s move to Nantes yesterday when word broke from French news source Ouest France that Bedoya was poised to sign the club after his contract expired with Swedish champions Helsingborgs IF.
The U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder will join up with the Canaries who were promoted from Ligue 2 last May after finishing in third place behind winners AS Monaco and second place Guingamp. This season they’ll be competing in Ligue 1 for the first time in five years.
Prior to signing with Nantes, Bedoya had considered offers from Swiss club Grasshopper and Dutch side Heerenveen.
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0
- Report: Chelsea join Manchester United in chase for Nathaniel Clyne 3