Aug 8, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
It’s been a bumpy ride for Newcastle United fans the last few years.
Relegation from the Premier League. Annihilating the Championship. Mid-table finish in the Premier League. Clinging on for dear life.
No matter how good the players are, some of the most passionate fans in the country have not been treated to a top-division title in the last 86 years. Will the Magpies win a Premier League title in this generation of fans’ lifetime?
Perhaps not if they keep selling their best players (Andy Carroll) and sacking perfectly good managers (Chris Hughton). Luckily, Geordies don’t seem to need much to keep them warm through the harsh Northeast winters.
Now, the club is going through somewhat of a French phase, raiding Ligue 1 for top talent. One thing is certain: it’s never a dull time to be a Newcastle supporter. This year should be no different. Don’t forget, you can watch every Premier League contest live on NBC Sports Network and the NBC Sports Group.
For proper Premier League prep, PST is dropping a series of team previews. Our colleagues with the cameras and microphones are on it, too, working up a “What you need to know about …” series for each of the 20 clubs. Your best bet: study it all! You can find all the written previews and the video guides here.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 5
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3