Aug 9, 2013, 6:11 PM EST
After transferring to Paris Saint-Germain for nearly €65 million ($86.7 million), departed Napoli striker Edinson Cavani wanted to thank his former club for catapulting him to world-class status.
So he picked a small phrase of thanks along with a gigantic page-full of his face.
It’s a gesture sure to find itself more than appreciated by Napoli fans, even if it’s a bit…grandiose, for lack of a better term.
The phrase reads “1,000 unforgettable days, 104 special moments lived with you. The Azzurri are in my heart forever. Thank you for all the love. Thanks Napoli.”
The 1,000 refers to his time with Napoli, approximately 2-1/2 years since his move over from Palermo. He scored 104 goals – or “special moments” – in his time with Napoli.
Cavani made his Ligue 1 debut Friday as well, coming on in the 71st minute of PSG’s league-opener against Montpellier.
Without further ado, the photo:
Seems like something out of a Dolce & Gabbana ad.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 0
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)