Aug 9, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
With rumors swirling about Wayne Rooney’s possible departure from Manchester United, new manager David Moyes has insisted that his 27-year-old striker is suffering with an injured shoulder.
Except Wayne Rooney seems to think he’s fine.
After England manager Roy Hodgson named Rooney to the England squad for their match against Scotland, the striker posted on his official Facebook page “Can’t wait to join up with the England squad and hopefully play in a competitive match, they always are against Scotland. Big thanks to Roy Hodgson for selecting me and showing his faith and support, appreciate it.”
So, is he being locked out of the squad with the illusion of an injury? Or is he actually injured?
Clearly Woy thinks he’s fit enough or he wouldn’t have selected Rooney and use a spot on the roster. Hodgson left off the injured Andy Carroll and even Daniel Sturridge who has just recently returned to fitness.
Rooney has battled multiple “injuries” this offseason. He was also forced out of the club’s tour of Asia after just one day following a reported hamstring injury back in mid-July.
Chelsea had quite a sizable bid rejected by the Manchester Club for Rooney, and this only will add to his reported displeasure with the new management. United have taken a Liverpool-on-Suarez-esque stance on their English striker, but if Chelsea continue their chase the saga has only one inevitable ending.
Rooney has yet to hand in a formal transfer request but reports continue to release information saying one is on its way sooner rather than later.
- UEFA Champions League Preview: Manchester United, Bayern Munich look to finish group stage on top 0
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 4
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014