Aug 9, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
With rumors swirling about Wayne Rooney’s possible departure from Manchester United, new manager David Moyes has insisted that his 27-year-old striker is suffering with an injured shoulder.
Except Wayne Rooney seems to think he’s fine.
After England manager Roy Hodgson named Rooney to the England squad for their match against Scotland, the striker posted on his official Facebook page “Can’t wait to join up with the England squad and hopefully play in a competitive match, they always are against Scotland. Big thanks to Roy Hodgson for selecting me and showing his faith and support, appreciate it.”
So, is he being locked out of the squad with the illusion of an injury? Or is he actually injured?
Clearly Woy thinks he’s fit enough or he wouldn’t have selected Rooney and use a spot on the roster. Hodgson left off the injured Andy Carroll and even Daniel Sturridge who has just recently returned to fitness.
Rooney has battled multiple “injuries” this offseason. He was also forced out of the club’s tour of Asia after just one day following a reported hamstring injury back in mid-July.
Chelsea had quite a sizable bid rejected by the Manchester Club for Rooney, and this only will add to his reported displeasure with the new management. United have taken a Liverpool-on-Suarez-esque stance on their English striker, but if Chelsea continue their chase the saga has only one inevitable ending.
Rooney has yet to hand in a formal transfer request but reports continue to release information saying one is on its way sooner rather than later.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0