Aug 10, 2013, 10:32 AM EST
I doubt the Barclays Premier League has ever been depicted in a similar fashion to this. Ever.
Those smarty pants in the NBC Sports marketing department have come up with a real gem for all of you soccer fans out there.
The next time you’re catching a bus or walking down the street in New York City, you’ll probably see the five boroughs like you’ve never seen them before. The Premier League is taking over — with the NBC Sports Group broadcasting every single PL game live for the first-time ever — and if you look at the photo below, you can see which teams are now associated with a specific region of NYC.
Pretty neat, right?
But some speculation has been caused about which teams should represent certain areas of New York. Are Cardiff City really the Brooklyn of the PL? Manchester United and Liverpool as the Upper East Side and Upper West Side, that makes sense, as the two powerhouses have been battling it out side by side decades.
Southampton as Tribeca, full of youngsters and plenty of foreign cash to line their pockets. Solid. And Manchester City as Midtown.. always at the center of attention and where the big money in Manhattan is. Can’t argue with that, can you?
Check out which teams are representing your neck of the woods and look out for something like this on a NYC street near you. Incredible.
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)