Open Letter from PST as Premier League season nears

Aug 12, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT

Fans of the beautiful game,

It’s been a long summer patiently waiting for the Premier League season to start.

But later this week, it’s here. (Yes!)

On behalf of the lovely folks at ProSoccerTalk, let’s take a look at what’s coming your way.

As you likely know, this Premier League season will be the first-time that you can watch every game live, via the NBC Sports Group’s Live Extra platform.

And with the broadcast commitment to the 2013-14 PL season and beyond, we have lots of exciting and expansive content heading to ProSoccerTalk.

Expect highlights, recaps, reaction and expert analysis from our wonderful team of PST writers. We will have a presence across the stadiums in the Premier League and also work closely with the well-known faces of NBC Sports’ Broadcast team to bring you the best coverage. (MLS fans, don’t fret – there won’t be a drop in MLS coverage. The Premier League just means more soccer coverage overall.)

(MORE: All the info on Live Extra and NBC Sports’ online coverage)

That said, PST’s readers are the ones who’ve been here along the way with us so far. You’ve seen us grow, while your comments and feedback help us improve. So please keep commenting on the stories and help us keep improving as the MLS season comes to a climax and the PL season is in full-flow.

From Portland to Sunderland, Houston to Manchester and LA to London, your views matter to us.

We’re working hard behind the scenes to pump out the best content possible on the Premier League, MLS, US national team and all the other news from the global game we all love and care about so much.

Stay tuned to NBC Sports and log onto ProSoccerTalk for the start of the Premier League and beyond, it’s going to be one heck of a ride.

Let the games begin.

Yours in soccer,
JPW

source:

Lead writer and editorial manager of ProSoccerTalk

1. footballer4ever - Aug 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM

@Midtec2005

“Well I’m not far removed from the Neanderthal. So civility is a pretty new concept Especially when I spend all of my free time hanging out with Bill O’Reilly!”

[oh! I hear you are a FoxNews junkie afterall ..LOL]

“But I really do disagree with you on the narrow-mindedness comment. But if you don’t want to discuss it then that’s fine.”

[2 out of 2, 1 more disagreement and you strike out, ala baseball ;) ]

“It may give me a chance to go and colonize some territories ”

[Be my guest and poease make sure you don't disagree with them colonies and spread the football gospel, world football, of course. ;) ]

Long live football, Buddy!

2. jw1stibroxgoal - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I am very disappointed to say the least in NBC getting the EPL contract. I did the zipcode search to find the channel for NBC Sports for my cable provider and guess what it does not work because it must be extra cost to get that channel.

I loved getting free EPL games on ESPN and now I’m going to get nothing no EPL or MLS this really s*cks.

• dallasmadness - Aug 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM

jw1,

There are EPL games on NBC and CNBC channels. In addition if you have an iphone or android phones you can get the NBCExtra app and watch EPL games on NBC sports channel on your smartphone. Hope it helps.

• jw1stibroxgoal - Aug 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM

dallasmadness

Thanks for your concern.

As it turns out I was able to catch a replay of the Norwich-Everton Match on CSS sports on Tuesday night. So I’m quite a bit happier now.

3. footballer4ever - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM

@jw1stibroxgoal

I hear your concerns, but in humble opinion you are barking at the wrong team. Contact your local cable company, file a respectful voiceful complaint and the more locals do the same then that will hopefully change your dilema. Best wishes you get to enjoy Premier League football sooner than later.

• jw1stibroxgoal - Aug 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM

footballer4ever

I was aggravated because ESPN comes with the basic cable subscription. But I was able to catch a rebroadcast of the Norwich-Everton match on CSS sports which is good enough for me. Thanks for your concern.

4. footballer4ever - Aug 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Err, I hear your concerns, but in my humble opinion you are barking at the wrong tree (NBC).

5. scab47 - Aug 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM

More live coverage and stories about football/fútbol/Fußball/soccer are wonderful things. I’m an American who prefers the European leagues to those in the U.S. and Mexico. I’d love to see you strike a deal to show matches from the Bundesliga too!

6. footballer4ever - Aug 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I am an American, if it can fit the same definition as yours, who also prefers to watch high quality football. By default or by money power, Europe tends to have the better players which makes the football quality better to enjoy, more like comparing European basketball vs NBA. In the end, I am a believer that if you are a true football fan, you enjoy from the best there is to enjoy, but also support our own league, MLS, as flawed as it may be, but it’s a league worth supporting it and sooner than later it will grow into a better and more respected league.

Week 8: Saturday PL recap