Aug 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Do you have a podcast? Perhaps a public access television show? Do you do and your friends do a UStream-thing? Maybe you have a LiveJournal, a column in your high school newspaper, or a niece with an upcoming bat mitzvah?
If you have an outlet, Clint Dempsey was ready to promote on Monday. The Seattle Sounder was in New York on Monday, put front in center as Major League Soccer had him do the media rounds. Talking to a number of mainstream, not-necessary-sport audiences, Clint managed to avoid incredulity while repeatedly explaining why he left England, whether the U.S. will win the World Cup … why soccer players can’t use their hands.
Okay, maybe he didn’t get asked that last question, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he was. I’d also bet money on somebody wondering whether he knows “that Alex Morgan.”
Compiled from the Twitter feeds of Seattle Times correspondent Joshua Mayers and MLS Executive Vice President of Communications Dan Courtemanche, here’s who we can determine interviewed Clint Dempsey on Monday:
- Good Morning America
- The New York Times
- Sports Illustrated
- MSNBC’s Morning Joe
- The television version of ESPN FC
- ESPN Radio
Oh, we forgot one! Here’s Deuce’s interview with The Dan Patrick Show, where ProFootballTalk’s Mike Florio was filling in:
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014