Aug 14, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
I can’t quite decide whether this Portland Timbers video, an ode to their fans, is merely great … or if it is truly awesome.
Either way, it’s worth checking out. I messaged Timbers owner Merritt Paulson (who was also clearly impressed, judging by his Twitter fawning) to ask where the song came from? It sounds like it might be some age-old folk ballad.
But Paulson said it was written in house and performed by a local artist – all of which makes it that much better.
Cheers to you, Timbers. Well done.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1