Aug 14, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
I can’t quite decide whether this Portland Timbers video, an ode to their fans, is merely great … or if it is truly awesome.
Either way, it’s worth checking out. I messaged Timbers owner Merritt Paulson (who was also clearly impressed, judging by his Twitter fawning) to ask where the song came from? It sounds like it might be some age-old folk ballad.
But Paulson said it was written in house and performed by a local artist – all of which makes it that much better.
Cheers to you, Timbers. Well done.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 3