Aug 15, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
There are a million reasons to love Brazilian international Ronaldinho. There’s the trickery, the goal celebrations, the crossbar challenge (video below) and the passion for the game – but most of all, there are those teeth.
Ever since he first became a household name as a youngster at Paris Saint-Germain, Ronaldinho has been flashing those not-so-perly-whites with his ear-to-ear grin. With that mashup of gums and snaggle teeth first time viewers didn’t know whether to recoil or give him a hug.
Any disgust people had quickly went out the window. Ronnie’s mouth wasn’t gross at all. It was amazing. Because that mouth formed what has to be the biggest smile that any footballer has played with from the beginning of time. There is perhaps no symbol of pure, unbridled joy within the game of world football.
But after what one can only presume to be a lifetime of teasing Ronaldinho finally decided to undergo oral surgery to give himself a more understated look. He’s still not exactly a Colgate model, but the change is obvious.
If the surgery makes Dinho feel better, then he has my support. But I for one will miss that old mug.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 5
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (16)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park