Aug 16, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
With the start of the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League now upon us, we wanted to try and give fans one last primer on how best to watch all the action.
Where can I watch the games?
Below is a broadcast schedule that highlights which games will be on NBC and NBCSN.
7:45 a.m. ET: Liverpool v. Stoke — NBCSN
10 a.m. ET: Arsenal v. Aston Villa — NBCSN
12:30 p.m. ET: Swansea City v. Manchester United — NBC
8:30 a.m. ET: Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur — NBCSN
11 a.m. ET: Chelsea v. Hull City – NBCSN
3 p.m. ET: Manchester City v. Newcastle United – NBCSN
Every game, whether it is being shown on broadcast or not, will be live-streamed online at NBCSports.com/Live Extra and on mobile and tablet devices at NBC Sports Live Extra.
The full schedule each week will be available here.
And games that are not being shown on NBC and NBCSN may be available for you to watch on your televisions via Premier League Live Extra, which is a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network.
What is the difference between “Live Extra” and “Extra Time”?
Both of these products provide fans a way to watch as many games as possible. What differentiates them is which devices one uses.
NBC Sports Live Extra allows you to watch every game online at NBCSports.com/liveextra and on iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices with the free NBC Sports Live Extra app. Extra Time is only on your TV.
What additional programming is available?
In addition to all the live action, there will be pre-match, halftime and post-match studio shows.
Then on Saturday night at 11 p.m. ET (set your DVRs), NBCSN will roll out its Match of the Day show, a two hour program featuring cut-down highlights of all the games, studio analysis and soundbites from players and managers across the league.
Immediately following the matches on Sunday, NBCSN will feature Premier League Goal Zone showing all the best goals from Saturday and Sunday. Then at 11 p.m. ET on Sunday, check out the Match of the Day 2 show for 90 more minutes of highlights, analysis and interviews.
Other programs include:
- Premier League Goal Zone — A 30-minute program airing after the matches on Sunday with highlights of all the goals scored on Saturday and Sunday;
- Game Cut-Downs — On Monday nights, NBCSN will present a two-hour show featuring cut-down versions of the Manchester United and Manchester City matches. On Tuesdays, a two-hour program will feature the Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Tottenham matches;
- Match of the Week — On Sunday nights, NBCSN will re-air the best match of the weekend in its entirety;
- Barclays Premier League World — A weekly magazine show produced by Premier League;
- Barclays Premier League Preview — A weekly show produced by Premier League that previews the upcoming week’s matches;
- Barclays Premier League Review — A weekly show produced by Premier League that recaps all the matches from the past week.
Will you have video highlights and full-game replays?
Throughout the season Pro Soccer Talk will provide one-stop shopping for all your Premier League news, highlights and analysis. We will be posting all video highlights of the matches, which can also be found here. The only catch is that per Premier League rules, highlights will not be released until early evening on the day of a match.
For Week 1, the only match that will be available as a full match replay online will be Saturday’s Swansea City v. Manchester United match. In subsequent weeks, we will make the majority of matches available online as full match replays.
If you have any additional questions about the coverage, please use the comments below and we will make our best efforts to respond.
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad