Aug 17, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Major League Soccer does not keep records for sideline incidents. But if they did, there is no question Montreal’s Marco Schallibaum would be stampeding his way to career leadership.
When you say “That game where Schallibaum got ejected,” you must be very, very specific.
Things keep happening for Schallibaum, some of it connected to the absurd lack of room along the sideline at cozy Stade Saputo in Montreal, which puts him within troubling and troublesome proximity of his opposition counterpart. (The cameras and microphones caught D.C. United manager Ben Olsen humorously pointing out Saturday the lack of room for coaches to roam over there.)
Olsen surely won’t see any humor in getting ejected, along with Schallibaum in Montreal’s 2-1 victory.
So, if you’re counting, that makes three MLS managers tossed from matches Saturday.
It is getting hot in the playoff-race kitchen, isn’t it?
Here is some of the action from Stade Saputo on Saturday – some on the field, some on the sidelines.
- LIVE ON NBC: Scoreless half has Seattle 45 mins from Supporters Shield 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real fight back to seal El Clasico victory 1
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs 1