Aug 17, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
The local boy scored his first-ever goal for the club, as he collected a square ball from Coleman on the edge of the box. Barkley, 19, then shuffled the ball from his right foot onto his left and smashed home an unstoppable drive to make it 1-1 with 30 minutes to go at Carrow Road.
In the 50th minute Norwich City took an early second half lead against Everton at Carrow Road. Scottish international right back Steven Whittaker was an unlikely goalscorer from right back but he scored a tremendous goal in the 50th minute.
He got lucky with a few bounces but his 60-yard run saw him get to the egde of the box before curling a wonderful left-footed shot against the post. The rebound came back out and Whittaker, to his credit, continued to keep up with the play and slotted the ball home expertly with his right foot.
Then in the 65th minute, Everton took the lead through Seamus Colema, following Nikita Jelavic having a shot saved by John Ruddy. What an incredible 15 minute spell.
This pulsating clash could turn ether way. Watch this game play out and see who will be the winner via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 2-3 Montreal Impact (video) 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 4
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1