Aug 17, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
The local boy scored his first-ever goal for the club, as he collected a square ball from Coleman on the edge of the box. Barkley, 19, then shuffled the ball from his right foot onto his left and smashed home an unstoppable drive to make it 1-1 with 30 minutes to go at Carrow Road.
In the 50th minute Norwich City took an early second half lead against Everton at Carrow Road. Scottish international right back Steven Whittaker was an unlikely goalscorer from right back but he scored a tremendous goal in the 50th minute.
He got lucky with a few bounces but his 60-yard run saw him get to the egde of the box before curling a wonderful left-footed shot against the post. The rebound came back out and Whittaker, to his credit, continued to keep up with the play and slotted the ball home expertly with his right foot.
Then in the 65th minute, Everton took the lead through Seamus Colema, following Nikita Jelavic having a shot saved by John Ruddy. What an incredible 15 minute spell.
This pulsating clash could turn ether way. Watch this game play out and see who will be the winner via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 1
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 3
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire