Aug 17, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
Recently added Chicago Fire Designated Player striker Juan Luis Anangono started once again for Chicago tonight, the second consecutive MLS match the Ecuadorian has done so.
Fire manager Frank Klopas indicated some “soreness” for Chris Rolfe (pictured) this week, but the Fire attacker who was expected to lead the attack around Toyota Park this year was at training on Friday.
More curiously, Rolfe did not make the trip into New England.
Anangono started last week as well as Chicago prevailed over Montreal. Rolfe also came off the bench on that one.
It’s been a tough year for Rolfe, who found a little more joy – just like the entire team – upon Magee’s arrival in May. Still, four goals and no assists is not where Klopas needs Rolfe to be with just 10 matches remaining after tonight.
Keep an eye on this one …
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 2
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 5
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 3
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 0
- ProSoccerTalk MLS Team of the Week – Week 6 0
- Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal can finish in the top four 5