Aug 17, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
Recently added Chicago Fire Designated Player striker Juan Luis Anangono started once again for Chicago tonight, the second consecutive MLS match the Ecuadorian has done so.
Fire manager Frank Klopas indicated some “soreness” for Chris Rolfe (pictured) this week, but the Fire attacker who was expected to lead the attack around Toyota Park this year was at training on Friday.
More curiously, Rolfe did not make the trip into New England.
Anangono started last week as well as Chicago prevailed over Montreal. Rolfe also came off the bench on that one.
It’s been a tough year for Rolfe, who found a little more joy – just like the entire team – upon Magee’s arrival in May. Still, four goals and no assists is not where Klopas needs Rolfe to be with just 10 matches remaining after tonight.
Keep an eye on this one …
- Aston Villa 2-1 Liverpool: Gerrard denied fairytale ending as Villa stun Reds, reach FA Cup final 3
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 1
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0