Aug 17, 2013, 7:54 PM EST
Recently added Chicago Fire Designated Player striker Juan Luis Anangono started once again for Chicago tonight, the second consecutive MLS match the Ecuadorian has done so.
Fire manager Frank Klopas indicated some “soreness” for Chris Rolfe (pictured) this week, but the Fire attacker who was expected to lead the attack around Toyota Park this year was at training on Friday.
More curiously, Rolfe did not make the trip into New England.
Anangono started last week as well as Chicago prevailed over Montreal. Rolfe also came off the bench on that one.
It’s been a tough year for Rolfe, who found a little more joy – just like the entire team – upon Magee’s arrival in May. Still, four goals and no assists is not where Klopas needs Rolfe to be with just 10 matches remaining after tonight.
Keep an eye on this one …
- MLS Cup preview: Real Salt Lake meets Sporting Kansas City to decide Major League Soccer’s 18th championship 1
- USA’s World Cup opponents: What to expect from Germany, Portugal and Ghana 8
- World Cup 2014: Group analysis from Soccerly.com 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues 16
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (38)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (22)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (16)