Aug 17, 2013, 7:54 PM EST
Recently added Chicago Fire Designated Player striker Juan Luis Anangono started once again for Chicago tonight, the second consecutive MLS match the Ecuadorian has done so.
Fire manager Frank Klopas indicated some “soreness” for Chris Rolfe (pictured) this week, but the Fire attacker who was expected to lead the attack around Toyota Park this year was at training on Friday.
More curiously, Rolfe did not make the trip into New England.
Anangono started last week as well as Chicago prevailed over Montreal. Rolfe also came off the bench on that one.
It’s been a tough year for Rolfe, who found a little more joy – just like the entire team – upon Magee’s arrival in May. Still, four goals and no assists is not where Klopas needs Rolfe to be with just 10 matches remaining after tonight.
Keep an eye on this one …
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0
- Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace: Mane’s late goal gets Saints back on track (video) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league at impasse as situation looks dire 8
- 2015 MLS Season Preview: Top 10 Newcomers 1