Aug 17, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
Recently added Chicago Fire Designated Player striker Juan Luis Anangono started once again for Chicago tonight, the second consecutive MLS match the Ecuadorian has done so.
Fire manager Frank Klopas indicated some “soreness” for Chris Rolfe (pictured) this week, but the Fire attacker who was expected to lead the attack around Toyota Park this year was at training on Friday.
More curiously, Rolfe did not make the trip into New England.
Anangono started last week as well as Chicago prevailed over Montreal. Rolfe also came off the bench on that one.
It’s been a tough year for Rolfe, who found a little more joy – just like the entire team – upon Magee’s arrival in May. Still, four goals and no assists is not where Klopas needs Rolfe to be with just 10 matches remaining after tonight.
Keep an eye on this one …
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0