Aug 17, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Rickie Lambert struck once again from the penalty spot for the Saints, as the England international striker hammered home a penalty kick in the 89th minute.
Lambert, 31, scored with his first touch on his international debut for England against Scotland on Wednesday and continued his scoring run.
Teenage left back Luke Shaw went on another surging run as Southampton knocked on the door for a winner against the Baggies.
Shaw was taken down by Mulumbu as he cut into the box and the referee pointed to the spot.
With the large following of Southampton fans gathered behind the goal, Lambert smashed home his spot kick past Ben Foster to send the traveling fans wild.
Can Southampton hold on against West Brom? Watch here.
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 0
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 1
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 4
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0