Aug 17, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Manchester United travel to Liberty Stadium to begin their title defense against Swansea. The match starts at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The big news, of course, is that Wayne Rooney starts this match on the bench. But considering all the speculation over his supposed move away from United, even the fact that he traveled with the team is significant. Rooney’s presence doesn’t quell speculation about his future, but it may give an added boost to his side.
And despite a win over Championship side Wigan in last week’s Community Shield, David Moyes is still under pressure to prove his worth. An opening day victory over Swansea will help, but the Welsh side, for their part, are determined to build on last season’s success. They’ve strengthened their side with the record signing of Wilfried Bony, but the Ivorian doesn’t make the starting XI. New boys Jonjo Shelvey and Jose Canas do, however.
As Manchester United begin their title defense, watch live here on NBC Sports Live Extra.
And discuss the talking points of the game as it happens, right here on ProSoccerTalk.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 2
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 7
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0