Watch the Premier League on NBC Sports Live Extra

Aug 17, 2013, 6:46 AM EST

Starting off today at 7:45am ET on NBC Sports Network with Liverpool vs. Stoke City the 2013-14 Premier League season begins on NBC Sports.

But in case you can’t be in front of a TV, you can watch every single Premier League game live online and on your mobile device with NBC Sports Live Extra.

Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available at the App Store and Google Play).

You can watch all of the games below on NBC Sports Live Extra.

Saturday’s matches
7:45 am EST: Liverpool v. Stoke (Anfield) *NBCSN
10:00 am EST: Arsenal v. Aston Villa (Emirates) *NBCSN
10:00 am EST: Norwich City v. Everton (Carrow Road) *Premier League Extra Time
10:00 am EST: Sunderland v. Fulham (Stadium of Light) *Premier League Extra Time
10:00 am EST: West Bromwich Albion v. Southampton (The Hawthorns) *Premier League Extra Time
10:00 am EST: West Ham United v. Cardiff City (Upton Park) *Premier League Extra Time
12:30 pm EST: Swansea City v. Manchester United (Liberty Stadium) *NBC

Premier League games are just part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: Formula One, the National Hockey League, IZOD IndyCar Series races, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.

1. steveray00 - Aug 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

You shell out millions of dollars to wrest control of the EPL out of fox’s control, then proceed to make a complete hash of the first weekend. We realize you want to bring the game mainstream but there were millions of us happily enjoying EPL for years. Please make all the games on-demand online, and no spoilers! We’ll pay extra! Why force everyone to torrents?

• thedudedc16 - Aug 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM

By not offering a subscription to NBC Sports Live Extra for non-cable/sat subscribers you are literally giving away millions of dollars a year. I was a faithful PAYING customer of FoxSoccer2Go for 4 years and was very satisfied with their service. So what am I to do? Well, I have to go underground and seek proxies in other countries to get my football fix. I’d much rather pay, but unfortunately NBC and Comcast think that football fans are idiots and will sign up for ridiculously expensive cable service. What a shame…but not a surprise. NBC Sports is a very amateurish outfit.

2. thrill03 - Aug 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Hi, I’m Ted Lasso, director of programming for the EPL on the NBC networks. I’ve never watched a game of English football before, but neither has anyone else in North America. We’ll learn to like it together, watching one, maybe two, whole high definition games each weekend. What a treat! Every weekend, can you imagine that?!! I think Americans and Canadians may really fall in love with this game as I slowly introduce it to them…in small doses. Enjoy!

• toncer - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Hi Ted,
      Please don’t under estimate the hundreds-of-thousands (if not millions) of EPL soccer fans who already exist in North America. Sure, you are bringing us more EPL soccer than before but you are not Moses, at least I hope you don’t think you are. You are dead-wrong when you say the no one in North America has watched a game of English football before. Wow!
      I appreciate that you have utilized English broadcasters for the prized jewel you now hold in your network. But I hope you will appreciate the input of the loyal followers who have helped develop the outstanding values and culture of the league.
      Please eliminate the live updating of scores. If you want to tease and please us direct us to another source for scores an messages – NOT the tv screen. Don’t spoil the drama.
      Also, the Barclay’s Premier League Review Show (and Preview Show) might be the best produced, weekly hour in all of sports. I hope that product has not been squashed now that NBCSN is on the scene. If that show is still alive, I suggest you find a means to broadcast it on your network or website. You want to see your numbers jump? Get a hold of that show. And don’t change it!
      I realize you are a young network, but that does not give you license to make immature mistakes. PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR AUDIENCE.
      And don’t forget, your name is Ted – not Moses!
      Sincerely,
      toncer

• jcsprenger - Aug 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

right on!

• pamzam41205 - Aug 20, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Dear Ted,
      I’m not sure how you got your job: director of programming for the EPL for NBC, because you sound rather naive and definitely cannot be any sort of sports fan. I could understand your comments if they were the first of the column, but seriously did you read or even paraphrase the comments before you??
      I’m still in awe of your candid irrelevance of the issues discussed here. I feel embarrassed for you posting those comments.

• jababb - Aug 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

If this post is a joke- someone “posing” as the NBC Director of programming- then it’s hysterical.

If you are serious, then it is terrifying. Whoever hired you should lose THEIR job.

You do not need to teach anyone to “love the game”. You just need to put a better product on TV. Listen to your base- the millions of knowledgable, passionate soccer fans who are already here.

If you think your job is to convert American Football fans into Real Football fans (see Jason Sudeikis video. Funny, but misguided), then you have already failed.

• atxnole - Aug 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

It’s definitely a joke. Ted Lasso is the name of the character that Jason Sudeikis played in the lead up to the start of the season as the American football coach in London taking over Spurs.

• rlinton26 - Aug 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It is clear why NBC should have at least found someone on their payroll who not only knows the game, but knows what he is talking about. Football and not the American version is the most played sport in the world. More countries play and watch this more than any other sport. There are more fans in the US, who have come here from the UK that love to watch these games in additon to the fans here in the US that love the game too.

One only hopes that you don’t get the coverage for the worldcup. If this is any indication of your knowledge and coverage, we are in a word shafted.

3. pamzam41205 - Aug 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

NBC sports-
    So after a 10 week soccer drought- I was like a little kid awaiting christmas -”Opening” weekend of the BPL. Wow how you deflated me.
    I was gravely disappointed with the lack of coverage. I pay for upgraded cable television solely to watch soccer: EPL, and Champions league. I almost cried when I saw your schedule for the weekend, then to see no replays or delayed coverage, I was beyond pissed.
    To pay the amount of money you did for the “rights” to televise “selected” games seems to be a faulty business plan. There is already a huge fan base that watches most, if not all matches in their entirety. We need more televised games and a much easier written TV schedule.
    FYI-
    ESPN would show real-time scores for other games being played simultaneously. I taped newspaper to my screen to hide the images. Then the announcers would, without warning, state the score of the other games. That was it, I searched the web and wrote to ESPN about my extreme displeasure. They replied with they are the “Leader in Sports Coverage” and people turn to them for news and information.
    Please take into consideration that we fanatics are your network and soccer’s best marketing tool.

I signed up here to plead to you to listen to the above comments and rectify the bloggers issues above.
    It is with great trepidation that I put my passion in your hands.

• atxnole - Aug 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Every game WAS available live. They can’t all be on the same channel at once and they can’t displace other existing channels so the channels were a bit out of the standard realm, but on TWC they were something like 1730-1740. They had each game in HD and SD.. it really was fantastic.

4. bman0921 - Aug 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Seems like I’m alone in this, but I thought NBC’s coverage of the EPL this weekend was absolutely outstanding. I saw exactly the 3 games I wanted to on TV, without having to pay extra for another channel, and if I preferred, I could have watched any game I wanted to live online. Yeah, some on-demand games would be nice, but if I remember correctly, NBC said most games would be available on-demand after the first week. Plus, I found the analysis on NBC to be 100 times better than what I’ve seen on any other channel. And although I can see why you wouldn’t a score ticker, I prefer it because I want to know what’s happening exactly when it happens. If I’m watching the Arsenal game and Jozy scores, I want to know about it.

5. atxnole - Aug 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I have been very happy with the coverage overall — I was expecting their to be some American guys ruining things but no, it’s come across as extremely professional. Not quite BeIn Sport level yet, but certainly close.

What I am unhappy about though is that Time Warne Cable does not offer the games via streaming yet. TWC always seems slow in this regard, but please please please work out a deal with them. That is tens of millions of people who are in the dark. :( Was quite happy with the “overflow” channels on TV though!

6. wrdtoyrmama - Aug 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I thought NBC/NBCSN did an outstanding job.

On my cable system, the reviled Cablevision in the NYC area, we got the 2 NBCSN live broadcast matches, as well as the other 4 10am matches live on channels 471, 472, 473, 474, before the NBC broadcast at 12:30.

I have read that another cable network had only 3 of the extra time matches on its system, but if you have NBCSN on your cable, you should be getting the Extra Time somewhere on your cable TV.

Additionally, NBCSN does rebroadcast the Saturday matches during the week at various times.

7. wrdtoyrmama - Aug 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Here’s the schedule for Saturday, August 24, 10 am for Cablevision in Monmouth County.

Ch. 471- Newcastle v West Ham
    Ch. 472- Everton v WBA
    Ch. 473- Hull v Norwich City
    Ch. 474- Stoke City v Crystal Palace

To see if your system has this, just put soccer into the search for Saturday.
    FWIW, these channels 471-475, are not normally used for regular programming.

8. pstevenson1082 - Aug 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM

A lot of you are crying over frivolous s***. Grow all the way thee f*** up. I don’t even work for NBC but if I were them I would be tired of all the basic complaints that have little to do anything. You guys won’t be happy until American tv networks start charging 150-200 extra on top of your cable/satellite bill to watch games like the NFL. I’m so happy that NBC has finally brought European soccer to the U.S.(30 YEARS TOO LATE…. but I digress). I’m 110% satisfied everything. I get to watch 7-8 games a week(which is only limited by me because I don’t have the DTV receiver that allows you to record 4 channels while viewing one). Better than looking for struggle streams or not being able to watch at all.I would advise everyone to do(or pay)what’s necessary to satisfy your EPL experience.

This is my line-up for this weekend….. Arsenal/Fulham, Southampton/Sunderland(I follow Altidore), Everton/West Brom(Howard), one more 10am game that I haven’t decided on, Pool/Villa, Tottenham/Cardiff, Norwich/Hull and then the super classico on Monday Man Utd/Chelsea.

I’m happy… You need to find your happiness……

• footballer4ever - Aug 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

@Pstevenson1082

I concur on your opinion.

We should be glad that football has grown to the extent now U.S networks are bidding among each other to show the sport on US TV because in case you forgotten already, that was not the case 5 -10 years ago. For the first 3 years of the NBC contract, it’s guaranteed all EPL games will be shown free, but let’s not be naive that will continue based on the continued growth and ratings satisfaction to NBC. Eventually, the Premier League Extra package will only be seen by subscription, more like FoxSoccer plus, and even the NBCLive Extra matches will be charged. Having said that, fans have the right to complaint about any issues as long as it’s done in a civil, respectful and grown up manner. To hear things like, “I wish FoxSoccer still showed the EPL” is childish or pathetic. EPL not only agreed to NBC for the $250 million , but for a chance to expand which let’s be realistic that FoxSoccer had many limitations.

To NBC, thanks for your intere$t and effort to show British Football, EPL, and to try to handle it with the upmost respect and forgive the few “soccer-hecklers” who seem to complaint about every little thing.

Sincerely,

A football fan.

9. jeandchery - Sep 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Please upload more full replays! You have promised us more on demand replays since the beginning of the season and it’s been over 3 weeks. This is getting so frustrating!

Preview: Arsenal vs. Manchester United