Aug 18, 2013, 7:44 AM EDT
LONDON — On a overcast yet warm Sunday in London, Crystal Palace return to the Premier League after a nine year absence.
The game kicks off at 8:30am ET on NBC Sports Network or watch live online or on the go via NBC Sports Live Extra.
And their first game in England’s top-flight since the 2004-05 season see London rivals Tottenham Hotspur come to Selhurst Park.
Of course all the team news around Spurs concerns the future of Gareth Bale. The Welshman will miss today’s game through injury, while Tottenham will field a whole host of new names after a busy summer of transfer activity. New signings Paulinho, Nacer Chadli and Roberto Soldado all start for Andre Villas-Boas side.
Palace and Spurs have met eight times in the Premier League, with both teams winning twice and four draws taking place. This will be a tight one.
The last time these two London teams met at Selhurst Park, the Eagles hammered Tottenham 3-0. That was on January 22, 2005 when Mikele Leigertwood, Danny Granville and Andrew Johnson grabbed the goals.
If that result repeated itself today then Palace fans would be over the moon. Manager Ian Holloway has struggled to bring in many signings this summer, with former Arsenal striker Chamakh joining on a free and young striker Gayle signing from Peterborough for $8 million.
You can watch the game live at 8:30am ET on NBC Sports Network or via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Paulinho; Soldado. Subs: Kaboul, Capoue, Townsend, Naughton, Defoe, Friedel, Carroll.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Garvan, Dobbie, Gayle, Wilbraham. Subs: Alexander, Marange, O’Keefe, Campana, Williams, Phillips, Chamakh.
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 2
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies (video) 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0