Aug 18, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Few Premier League fans experienced an opening weekend roller coaster like those around Anfield, with the Reds claiming a first half lead, hinting they would relinquish shortly before full-time, only to see a goalkeeper making his Liverpool debut salvage full points for his new club.
You’ve read the reports and watched the highlights. Now experience that roller coaster with the fans in an around Anfield, as footage from Liverpool shows you what it was like to be on site as Simon Mignolet‘s driving save on Stoke City’s Jonathan Walters preserved an opening day victory.
Liverpool versus Stoke was the opening match of this weekend’s Premier League coverage on NBC Sports. Next weekend’s slate begins Saturday at Craven Cottage, with the pre-game show for a London derby between Fulham and Arsenal beginning at 7:00 a.m. Eastern on NBCSN.
Liverpool will be part of next Saturday’s match on NBC, their visit to Birmingham to take on Aston Villa kicking off at 12:30 p.m. Eastern. Stoke City will look for their first points of the season against visiting Crystal Palace (Saturday, 10:00 a.m. Eastern, Premier League Extra Time).
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 0
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 12
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 8
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 2