Aug 18, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
With Fredy Montero having left the Seattle Sounders on a season long loan (and for all intents and purposes for good), Seattle’s loss is Sporting Lisbon’s gain.
The Portugese giants defeated FC Arouca 5-1, thanks to a hat-trick from the Colombian frontman on his debut with the club.
It was of the “perfect” variety as well, the label given to hat-tricks that include goals scored via the left foot, the right foot, and the head.
It only took him one game in Portugal to match his hat-trick total with Seattle, as he had a single 3-score game with the Sounders in 2012 against Chivas.
Colombian national team coach Jose Pekerman is taking notice as well, saying just a few days ago, “Montero is a great striker and we pay attention to it.”
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 2
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1