Aug 18, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
With Fredy Montero having left the Seattle Sounders on a season long loan (and for all intents and purposes for good), Seattle’s loss is Sporting Lisbon’s gain.
The Portugese giants defeated FC Arouca 5-1, thanks to a hat-trick from the Colombian frontman on his debut with the club.
It was of the “perfect” variety as well, the label given to hat-tricks that include goals scored via the left foot, the right foot, and the head.
It only took him one game in Portugal to match his hat-trick total with Seattle, as he had a single 3-score game with the Sounders in 2012 against Chivas.
Colombian national team coach Jose Pekerman is taking notice as well, saying just a few days ago, “Montero is a great striker and we pay attention to it.”
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 3
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 11
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0