Aug 18, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
With Fredy Montero having left the Seattle Sounders on a season long loan (and for all intents and purposes for good), Seattle’s loss is Sporting Lisbon’s gain.
The Portugese giants defeated FC Arouca 5-1, thanks to a hat-trick from the Colombian frontman on his debut with the club.
It was of the “perfect” variety as well, the label given to hat-tricks that include goals scored via the left foot, the right foot, and the head.
It only took him one game in Portugal to match his hat-trick total with Seattle, as he had a single 3-score game with the Sounders in 2012 against Chivas.
Colombian national team coach Jose Pekerman is taking notice as well, saying just a few days ago, “Montero is a great striker and we pay attention to it.”
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14