Aug 18, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
With Fredy Montero having left the Seattle Sounders on a season long loan (and for all intents and purposes for good), Seattle’s loss is Sporting Lisbon’s gain.
The Portugese giants defeated FC Arouca 5-1, thanks to a hat-trick from the Colombian frontman on his debut with the club.
It was of the “perfect” variety as well, the label given to hat-tricks that include goals scored via the left foot, the right foot, and the head.
It only took him one game in Portugal to match his hat-trick total with Seattle, as he had a single 3-score game with the Sounders in 2012 against Chivas.
Colombian national team coach Jose Pekerman is taking notice as well, saying just a few days ago, “Montero is a great striker and we pay attention to it.”
- MLS Cup preview: Real Salt Lake meets Sporting Kansas City to decide Major League Soccer’s 18th championship 1
- USA’s World Cup opponents: What to expect from Germany, Portugal and Ghana 8
- World Cup 2014: Group analysis from Soccerly.com 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues 19
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (38)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (22)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (19)