Aug 18, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
With Fredy Montero having left the Seattle Sounders on a season long loan (and for all intents and purposes for good), Seattle’s loss is Sporting Lisbon’s gain.
The Portugese giants defeated FC Arouca 5-1, thanks to a hat-trick from the Colombian frontman on his debut with the club.
It was of the “perfect” variety as well, the label given to hat-tricks that include goals scored via the left foot, the right foot, and the head.
It only took him one game in Portugal to match his hat-trick total with Seattle, as he had a single 3-score game with the Sounders in 2012 against Chivas.
Colombian national team coach Jose Pekerman is taking notice as well, saying just a few days ago, “Montero is a great striker and we pay attention to it.”
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1