Aug 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Crystal Palace started the day with an impassioned attempt to prevent an opening weekend loss, but after goals from Roberto Soldado, Oscar, and Frank Lampard, both the Eagles and fellow promotees Hull City had fallen at the boots of London giants. Tottenham Hotspur started their quest to reclaim a Champions League spot with a 1-0 win at Selhurt Park, while Chelsea finished the day with a 2-0 cruise over the visiting Tigers.
Your complete Sunday highlights are above, or, if you want to go game-by-game …
a.) Start in the south, at Selhurst Park (Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham), then …
b.) Make your way north and west, where Stamford Bridge hosted Chelsea versus Hull City:
Miss any of Saturday’s matches? Click here to get all the highlights from the first day of the Premier League season.
- Late Grabavoy goal prolongs Portland’s agony against Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Late Blas Pérez goal gives FC Dallas 2-1 win over Toronto FC (video) 1
- D.C. United takes a point out of Columbus, but referee has some explaining to do (video) 1
- Late strike from Manneh allows Vancouver to salvage a point against LA Galaxy (video) 1
- WATCH: All the goals, highlights from Saturday in the Premier League 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0