Aug 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
Crystal Palace started the day with an impassioned attempt to prevent an opening weekend loss, but after goals from Roberto Soldado, Oscar, and Frank Lampard, both the Eagles and fellow promotees Hull City had fallen at the boots of London giants. Tottenham Hotspur started their quest to reclaim a Champions League spot with a 1-0 win at Selhurt Park, while Chelsea finished the day with a 2-0 cruise over the visiting Tigers.
Your complete Sunday highlights are above, or, if you want to go game-by-game …
a.) Start in the south, at Selhurst Park (Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham), then …
b.) Make your way north and west, where Stamford Bridge hosted Chelsea versus Hull City:
Miss any of Saturday’s matches? Click here to get all the highlights from the first day of the Premier League season.
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 7
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0
- FA Cup roundup: Top-three Premier League teams all eliminated at home 2