Aug 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Crystal Palace started the day with an impassioned attempt to prevent an opening weekend loss, but after goals from Roberto Soldado, Oscar, and Frank Lampard, both the Eagles and fellow promotees Hull City had fallen at the boots of London giants. Tottenham Hotspur started their quest to reclaim a Champions League spot with a 1-0 win at Selhurt Park, while Chelsea finished the day with a 2-0 cruise over the visiting Tigers.
Your complete Sunday highlights are above, or, if you want to go game-by-game …
a.) Start in the south, at Selhurst Park (Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham), then …
b.) Make your way north and west, where Stamford Bridge hosted Chelsea versus Hull City:
Miss any of Saturday’s matches? Click here to get all the highlights from the first day of the Premier League season.
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 3
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 5
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 3
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 16
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 8
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 3