Aug 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
Crystal Palace started the day with an impassioned attempt to prevent an opening weekend loss, but after goals from Roberto Soldado, Oscar, and Frank Lampard, both the Eagles and fellow promotees Hull City had fallen at the boots of London giants. Tottenham Hotspur started their quest to reclaim a Champions League spot with a 1-0 win at Selhurt Park, while Chelsea finished the day with a 2-0 cruise over the visiting Tigers.
Your complete Sunday highlights are above, or, if you want to go game-by-game …
a.) Start in the south, at Selhurst Park (Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham), then …
b.) Make your way north and west, where Stamford Bridge hosted Chelsea versus Hull City:
Miss any of Saturday’s matches? Click here to get all the highlights from the first day of the Premier League season.
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014