Aug 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Crystal Palace started the day with an impassioned attempt to prevent an opening weekend loss, but after goals from Roberto Soldado, Oscar, and Frank Lampard, both the Eagles and fellow promotees Hull City had fallen at the boots of London giants. Tottenham Hotspur started their quest to reclaim a Champions League spot with a 1-0 win at Selhurt Park, while Chelsea finished the day with a 2-0 cruise over the visiting Tigers.
Your complete Sunday highlights are above, or, if you want to go game-by-game …
a.) Start in the south, at Selhurst Park (Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham), then …
b.) Make your way north and west, where Stamford Bridge hosted Chelsea versus Hull City:
Miss any of Saturday’s matches? Click here to get all the highlights from the first day of the Premier League season.
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 0
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 1
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0