Aug 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
New number-9 Roberto Soldado has put Spurs ahead on his competitive debut, converting a penalty in the 51st minute.
Referee Mark Clattenburg gave the penalty, and Soldado stepped right up to take it. Soldado went left, Palace keeper Julian Speroni went right, and Spurs went ahead 1-0.
The Eagles have been scrappy and stubborn for Spurs to deal with, but the first goal should open things up a bit in a match that has been dominated by Spurs on possession but otherwise few chances for either side.
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 11
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 6
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3