Aug 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
New number-9 Roberto Soldado has put Spurs ahead on his competitive debut, converting a penalty in the 51st minute.
Referee Mark Clattenburg gave the penalty, and Soldado stepped right up to take it. Soldado went left, Palace keeper Julian Speroni went right, and Spurs went ahead 1-0.
The Eagles have been scrappy and stubborn for Spurs to deal with, but the first goal should open things up a bit in a match that has been dominated by Spurs on possession but otherwise few chances for either side.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0