Aug 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
New number-9 Roberto Soldado has put Spurs ahead on his competitive debut, converting a penalty in the 51st minute.
Referee Mark Clattenburg gave the penalty, and Soldado stepped right up to take it. Soldado went left, Palace keeper Julian Speroni went right, and Spurs went ahead 1-0.
The Eagles have been scrappy and stubborn for Spurs to deal with, but the first goal should open things up a bit in a match that has been dominated by Spurs on possession but otherwise few chances for either side.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3