Aug 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
New number-9 Roberto Soldado has put Spurs ahead on his competitive debut, converting a penalty in the 51st minute.
Referee Mark Clattenburg gave the penalty, and Soldado stepped right up to take it. Soldado went left, Palace keeper Julian Speroni went right, and Spurs went ahead 1-0.
The Eagles have been scrappy and stubborn for Spurs to deal with, but the first goal should open things up a bit in a match that has been dominated by Spurs on possession but otherwise few chances for either side.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0