Aug 18, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT
In case you missed the first match of the Premier League season with NBC’s lead team of Arlo White and Lee Dixon, we have you covered.
Manchester United traveled to Swansea’s Liberty Stadium and emphatically stated their intentions of repeating as Premier League champions by thumping a good Swans team 4-1.
Last season’s Golden Boot winner Robin van Persie grabbed a brace, and young English star Danny Welbeck also netted twice to lead the Manchester United attack.
New Swansea striker Wilfried Bony – last season’s Dutch Eredivisie top scorer – grabbed a quality consolation goal for the home side.
Embattled United attackman Wayne Rooney also featured as a substitute in the match, and got in the action for much of the second half.
Relive all the action from Saturday’s exciting match right here on ProSoccerTalk:
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 4
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 5
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 9
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3