Aug 18, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT
In case you missed the first match of the Premier League season with NBC’s lead team of Arlo White and Lee Dixon, we have you covered.
Manchester United traveled to Swansea’s Liberty Stadium and emphatically stated their intentions of repeating as Premier League champions by thumping a good Swans team 4-1.
Last season’s Golden Boot winner Robin van Persie grabbed a brace, and young English star Danny Welbeck also netted twice to lead the Manchester United attack.
New Swansea striker Wilfried Bony – last season’s Dutch Eredivisie top scorer – grabbed a quality consolation goal for the home side.
Embattled United attackman Wayne Rooney also featured as a substitute in the match, and got in the action for much of the second half.
Relive all the action from Saturday’s exciting match right here on ProSoccerTalk:
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 8
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 3
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1