Aug 18, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT
In case you missed the first match of the Premier League season with NBC’s lead team of Arlo White and Lee Dixon, we have you covered.
Manchester United traveled to Swansea’s Liberty Stadium and emphatically stated their intentions of repeating as Premier League champions by thumping a good Swans team 4-1.
Last season’s Golden Boot winner Robin van Persie grabbed a brace, and young English star Danny Welbeck also netted twice to lead the Manchester United attack.
New Swansea striker Wilfried Bony – last season’s Dutch Eredivisie top scorer – grabbed a quality consolation goal for the home side.
Embattled United attackman Wayne Rooney also featured as a substitute in the match, and got in the action for much of the second half.
Relive all the action from Saturday’s exciting match right here on ProSoccerTalk:
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 0
- Pro-Palestinian protestors attack Israeli players on pitch in Austria 2
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 7
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 4
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1