Aug 19, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
In the sixth minute of the first half, Manchester City opened today’s scoring, getting a headed goal from David Silva to take a 1-0 lead on Newcastle United.
In the sixth minute of the second half, up two goals and one man, Manchester City strengthened their lead, an unstoppable strike over a helpless wall putting City up 3-0 on Newcastle.
The goal came moments after Magpie goalkeeper Tim Krul‘s highlight save on Edin Dzeko, keeping Newcastle within two. Minutes later, though, Newcastle had given away a foul just outside their penalty area.
With the ball lined up just outside Krul’s right post, Yaya Toure had just space room to blast his shot over the wall and under the cross-bar, giving Krul no chance to keep Newcastle within two.
The goal only adds to what’s been a nightmare evening for Newcastle. The three-goal margin will leave them at the bottom of the Premier League table, should the current score hold. But with Steven Taylor dismissed at the end of the first half, there’s reason to think today’s scoring isn’t done.
And once this game is over, Newcastle will have to deal with the Yohan Cabaye situation. It’s been a terrible Monday for the Magpies.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2