Aug 22, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
The terms of the loan allow Albion to sign Sinclair on a permanent deal after the season.
The former Chelsea, Swansea and Wigan midfielder passed a medical earlier today and has been handed the No.10 shirt.
Sinclair is a player Baggies boss Steve Clarke welcomed Sinclair to the club. “Scott understands he needs to play football and it will be good to work with him again,” said Clarke. “We’re delighted he feels this is the right club for him at this stage of his career.”
Clarke went on to label Sinclair as a player that Albion “were missing from the squad,” describing the 24 year old as “a pure winger, who is quick, direct and scores goals.”
Clarke is quite familiar with Sinclair after the two worked together while the winger was coming through the ranks at Stamford Bridge. “I know him well and he is a good person, who I know is 100 per cent committed to our cause,” said Clarke.
“He is frustrated he did not get the chances to play at Man City last season and hopefully he will take those frustrations out on Premier League defenders this season.”
Sinclair’s decision to leave Swansea for City was one that he quickly regretted after finding himself well over his head in competition. The likes of David Silva, Samir Nasri, James Milner and, at times, Aleksander Kolarov were enough to limit Sinclair to a mere 12 league appearances (10 of which were as a substitute).
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"