Aug 24, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
West Bromwich Albion pay a visit to Merseyside, facing Everton at Goodison Park ( (10 am ET, watch live NBC Sports Live Extra).
Last week at the Hawthorns, the Baggies fell 1-0 to visiting Southampton. Now that Romelu Lukaku is back at Chelsea, and veteran Nicolas Anelka has been placed on compassionate leave, from where will the West Brom goals come from? Shane Long, perhaps. The Baggies also secured Scott Sinclair on loan from Manchester City this week, but he’ll start this one on the bench.
As for Everton, they played out a thrilling 2-2 draw against Norwich last week, coming back from behind to lead 2-1 before the Canaries equalized with twenty minutes left to play. Ross Barkley and Seamus Coleman were the goalscores last week.
With David Moyes having such kind words to say about Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellanini this week — apparently he’d have allowed them to leave for Manchester United when he was in charge of the Toffees — it’s likely the pressure will be on those two in particular.
Both sides are looking for their first win — will either find it?
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Fellaini, Mirallas, Barkley, Pienaar, Jelavic.
Subs: Robles, Heitinga, Kone, Deulofeu, Naismith, Stones, Anichebe.
West Brom: Foster, Billy Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Morrison, Mulumbu, Yacob, Dorrans, Long, Rosenberg.
Subs: Sinclair, Popov, Brunt, Lugano, Luke Daniels, Vydra, Berahino.
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Netherlands, Italy rescue draws; Bale, Wales go top 1
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 4