Aug 24, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
West Bromwich Albion pay a visit to Merseyside, facing Everton at Goodison Park ( (10 am ET, watch live NBC Sports Live Extra).
Last week at the Hawthorns, the Baggies fell 1-0 to visiting Southampton. Now that Romelu Lukaku is back at Chelsea, and veteran Nicolas Anelka has been placed on compassionate leave, from where will the West Brom goals come from? Shane Long, perhaps. The Baggies also secured Scott Sinclair on loan from Manchester City this week, but he’ll start this one on the bench.
As for Everton, they played out a thrilling 2-2 draw against Norwich last week, coming back from behind to lead 2-1 before the Canaries equalized with twenty minutes left to play. Ross Barkley and Seamus Coleman were the goalscores last week.
With David Moyes having such kind words to say about Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellanini this week — apparently he’d have allowed them to leave for Manchester United when he was in charge of the Toffees — it’s likely the pressure will be on those two in particular.
Both sides are looking for their first win — will either find it?
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Fellaini, Mirallas, Barkley, Pienaar, Jelavic.
Subs: Robles, Heitinga, Kone, Deulofeu, Naismith, Stones, Anichebe.
West Brom: Foster, Billy Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Morrison, Mulumbu, Yacob, Dorrans, Long, Rosenberg.
Subs: Sinclair, Popov, Brunt, Lugano, Luke Daniels, Vydra, Berahino.
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 0
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 2
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 1
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0