Aug 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EDT
French striker Olivier Giroud made it three goals in three games this season, after firing the Gunners ahead early at Craven Cottage.
On a rain soaked afternoon in West London, Giroud rather fortuitously put Arsenal 1-0 up in the 13th minute.
Aaron Ramsey had a shot that smashed into Giroud’s legs as he tried to jump out of the way in the penalty box, however the ball hit the Frenchman’s legs and bounced straight into his path and he coolly slotted past David Stockdale in goal for Fulham.
Arsenal were piling on the pressure early on, as Theo Walcott whipped in several teasing deliveries. However as the first half wore on, Fulham came into the game more and a terrific double save from Wojciech Szczęsny denied the Cottagers an equalizer.
Watch how the second half unfolds live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Premier League scenarios: Europa League and relegation requirements 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1