Aug 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EST
French striker Olivier Giroud made it three goals in three games this season, after firing the Gunners ahead early at Craven Cottage.
On a rain soaked afternoon in West London, Giroud rather fortuitously put Arsenal 1-0 up in the 13th minute.
Aaron Ramsey had a shot that smashed into Giroud’s legs as he tried to jump out of the way in the penalty box, however the ball hit the Frenchman’s legs and bounced straight into his path and he coolly slotted past David Stockdale in goal for Fulham.
Arsenal were piling on the pressure early on, as Theo Walcott whipped in several teasing deliveries. However as the first half wore on, Fulham came into the game more and a terrific double save from Wojciech Szczęsny denied the Cottagers an equalizer.
Watch how the second half unfolds live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1