Aug 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EST
French striker Olivier Giroud made it three goals in three games this season, after firing the Gunners ahead early at Craven Cottage.
On a rain soaked afternoon in West London, Giroud rather fortuitously put Arsenal 1-0 up in the 13th minute.
Aaron Ramsey had a shot that smashed into Giroud’s legs as he tried to jump out of the way in the penalty box, however the ball hit the Frenchman’s legs and bounced straight into his path and he coolly slotted past David Stockdale in goal for Fulham.
Arsenal were piling on the pressure early on, as Theo Walcott whipped in several teasing deliveries. However as the first half wore on, Fulham came into the game more and a terrific double save from Wojciech Szczęsny denied the Cottagers an equalizer.
Watch how the second half unfolds live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 6
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"