Hull City have their first goal of the Premier League campaign, but have a man sent off minutes later
Aug 24, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
After three long seasons spent away from top flight football, Hull City are back in the Premier League. They drew the short straw last week, forced to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but this week they’re in front of friendly faces at KC Stadium. The Tigers are looking to pick up their first points of the season against Norwich City.
And their first goal of the season should give Hull some momentum. Yannick Sagbo got himself into a dangerous position inside the area, and former Hull defender Michael Turner panicked, bringing down the Ivorian. It was Robbie Brady that stepped to the spot, sending his left footed strike past Norwich keeper John Ruddy.
So Hull City had their first goal of the season at the 22nd minute, but they had their first sending off in the 27th. Sagbo, the very man responsible for earning the penalty, is sent off with a straight red card for throwing his weight around, resulting in a charge of violent conduct. With over an hour left to play, Steve Bruce’s men have a tough challenge ahead. They’ll most likely dig in their heels and simply defend, defend, defend, hoping against hope that the Canaries can’t get one through.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League