Hull City have their first goal of the Premier League campaign, but have a man sent off minutes later
Aug 24, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
After three long seasons spent away from top flight football, Hull City are back in the Premier League. They drew the short straw last week, forced to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but this week they’re in front of friendly faces at KC Stadium. The Tigers are looking to pick up their first points of the season against Norwich City.
And their first goal of the season should give Hull some momentum. Yannick Sagbo got himself into a dangerous position inside the area, and former Hull defender Michael Turner panicked, bringing down the Ivorian. It was Robbie Brady that stepped to the spot, sending his left footed strike past Norwich keeper John Ruddy.
So Hull City had their first goal of the season at the 22nd minute, but they had their first sending off in the 27th. Sagbo, the very man responsible for earning the penalty, is sent off with a straight red card for throwing his weight around, resulting in a charge of violent conduct. With over an hour left to play, Steve Bruce’s men have a tough challenge ahead. They’ll most likely dig in their heels and simply defend, defend, defend, hoping against hope that the Canaries can’t get one through.
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 1
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- Toluca Head Coach Accuses San Jose of Being Tall
- Shawn Kuykendall, Former D.C. United Player, Dies at 32
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma