Hull City have their first goal of the Premier League campaign, but have a man sent off minutes later
Aug 24, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
After three long seasons spent away from top flight football, Hull City are back in the Premier League. They drew the short straw last week, forced to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but this week they’re in front of friendly faces at KC Stadium. The Tigers are looking to pick up their first points of the season against Norwich City.
And their first goal of the season should give Hull some momentum. Yannick Sagbo got himself into a dangerous position inside the area, and former Hull defender Michael Turner panicked, bringing down the Ivorian. It was Robbie Brady that stepped to the spot, sending his left footed strike past Norwich keeper John Ruddy.
So Hull City had their first goal of the season at the 22nd minute, but they had their first sending off in the 27th. Sagbo, the very man responsible for earning the penalty, is sent off with a straight red card for throwing his weight around, resulting in a charge of violent conduct. With over an hour left to play, Steve Bruce’s men have a tough challenge ahead. They’ll most likely dig in their heels and simply defend, defend, defend, hoping against hope that the Canaries can’t get one through.
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 0
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 2
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0
- WATCH: Special ‘Transfer Deadline Day show’ live online, NBCSN 0
- Reports: Arsenal to fork over $26 mil for Manchester United’s Welbeck 4
- Done Deal: Daley Blind is officially a member of Manchester United 1