Aug 24, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Recently promoted Hull City are set to play their first Premier League match of the season at KC Stadium (10 am ET, watch live via NBC Sports Live Extra) and are hoping to find their first points in front of the home crowd. Norwich, meanwhile, are looking for their first win of the year.
Norwich came back to earn a point against Everton last week, courtesy of goals by Steven Whittaker and Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Right back Whittaker was involved in both goals for the Canaries last week, pouncing on a rebound to roll the ball into an open net for the first, and then sending in an (unintentional) cross for van Wolfswinkel to head in.
It was a tough start for Hull City last week, having drawn the short straw and found themselves forced to begin the season away at Chelsea. The Blues may have only won 2-0, but they rather toyed with the Tigers, playing Mourinho-style football that, toward the end, resembled more a game of cat-and-mouse than anything else.
Hull City: McGregor, Elmohamady, Chester, Davies, Figueroa, Koren, Huddlestone, Livermore, Brady, Aluko, Sagbo.
Subs: Rosenior, Bruce, Meyler, Graham, McShane, Boyd, Harper.
Norwich: Ruddy, Whittaker, Turner, Martin, Garrido, Howson, Tettey, Fer, Johnson, Redmond, van Wolfswinkel.
Subs: Elmander, Snodgrass, Bunn, Hoolahan, Becchio, Olsson, Ryan Bennett.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5