Aug 24, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Recently promoted Hull City are set to play their first Premier League match of the season at KC Stadium (10 am ET, watch live via NBC Sports Live Extra) and are hoping to find their first points in front of the home crowd. Norwich, meanwhile, are looking for their first win of the year.
Norwich came back to earn a point against Everton last week, courtesy of goals by Steven Whittaker and Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Right back Whittaker was involved in both goals for the Canaries last week, pouncing on a rebound to roll the ball into an open net for the first, and then sending in an (unintentional) cross for van Wolfswinkel to head in.
It was a tough start for Hull City last week, having drawn the short straw and found themselves forced to begin the season away at Chelsea. The Blues may have only won 2-0, but they rather toyed with the Tigers, playing Mourinho-style football that, toward the end, resembled more a game of cat-and-mouse than anything else.
Hull City: McGregor, Elmohamady, Chester, Davies, Figueroa, Koren, Huddlestone, Livermore, Brady, Aluko, Sagbo.
Subs: Rosenior, Bruce, Meyler, Graham, McShane, Boyd, Harper.
Norwich: Ruddy, Whittaker, Turner, Martin, Garrido, Howson, Tettey, Fer, Johnson, Redmond, van Wolfswinkel.
Subs: Elmander, Snodgrass, Bunn, Hoolahan, Becchio, Olsson, Ryan Bennett.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1