Aug 24, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Here’s a brief roundup from around the grounds in England, as Week 2 of the Premier League is in full flow.
We’ve already seen goals, penalties, red cards and plenty of thrilling action, so why not tune in for the second half of these games.
Well… what are you waiting for? Watch every single Premier League game live this weekend via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Everton vs. West Brom (Watch the second half live)
Solid yet unspectacular at Goodison Park. Roberto Martinez‘ men have yet to get going in front of the home crowd. Can Everton grab their seventh-straight home win? 0-0 so far at Everton.
Newcastle vs. West Ham (Watch the second half live)
Both teams cancelled each other out in the first half as West Ham came close on two occasion through Winston Reid and Stewart Downing. Can Alan Pardew‘s Newcastle come roaring back in the second half? Still 0-0 at St. James’ Park.
Hull City vs. Norwich (Watch the second half live)
Hull City took the lead midway through the first half as Yannick Sagbo got himself into a dangerous position and Michael Turner panicked, bringing down the Ivorian. Robbie Brady scored the spot kick after 22 minutes but just 5 minutes later Sagbo was sent off for violent conduct. Can Hull hold onto their 1-0 lead with 10-men?
Stoke City vs. Crystal Palace (Watch the second half live)
Ian Holloway’s newly promoted Crystal Palace side took a first half lead through new signing Marouane Chamakh. The former Arsenal attacker scored in his first start for the Eagles but Stoke have been looking strong ever since. Still 1-0 to Palace at half time.
Southampton vs. Sunderland (Watch the second half live)
It was a dream start for Paolo Di Canio‘s side down at St. Mary’s as Italian international Emanuele Giaccherini rose highest to head home after just 2 minutes for his first Sunderland goal. The Saints thought they’d equalized but Jay Rodriguez‘ effort was ruled out for offside. Can Pochettino’s men turn things around after going in 1-0 down at the half?
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 0
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 1 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Player of the Week: Will Bruin 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers