Aug 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Well, what a start for Paolo Di Canio‘s men down on the South Coast.
Giaccherini is only 5 foot 6, so how he managed to head home will certainly cause questions at half time for Southampton.
It was the 28-year-old Italian midfielders first goal since joining this summer from Juventus and Di Canio’s side will be delighted to grab a goal with their first real attack. Especially after the disappointing home defeat to Fulham last time out.
But the linesman had his flag up and Saints were denied an equalizer. It was a tight decision but the assistant referee may have just got the call correct.
Certainly a frantic start down in Southampton, watch the game live on NBCSN and via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3
- Report: Liverpool hoping to buy Ings, loan striker back to Burnley for season 1
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 2