Aug 24, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Well, what a start for Paolo Di Canio‘s men down on the South Coast.
Giaccherini is only 5 foot 6, so how he managed to head home will certainly cause questions at half time for Southampton.
It was the 28-year-old Italian midfielders first goal since joining this summer from Juventus and Di Canio’s side will be delighted to grab a goal with their first real attack. Especially after the disappointing home defeat to Fulham last time out.
But the linesman had his flag up and Saints were denied an equalizer. It was a tight decision but the assistant referee may have just got the call correct.
Certainly a frantic start down in Southampton, watch the game live on NBCSN and via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 2
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 18