Aug 24, 2013, 7:41 PM EST
There are so very many reasons why D.C. United stinks in 2013. And we have spent so very much time talking about these sundry ills that have wrecked the bunch from RFK Stadium.
One of them is surely Dwayne De Rosario’s highly diminished production. If any of us could have predicted that “De Ro” would merge into the back end of August with a mere two goals, we might have had some inkling that D.C. United would be so mightily fallen.
De Rosario, the league MVP just two years back, did score his third goal of 2013 tonight – and what a strike it was. Really, vintage De Ro stuff.
Suffice to say, had we seen just a little more of this, we might not be writing posts with snarky headlines like “Relegation Bowl” around D.C. United matches. (Or, perhaps, if United had played Toronto a few more times; Two of De Rosario’s goals in 2013 have come against Toronto.)
Either way, enjoy …because you really need to see this one:
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"