Aug 26, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Rumors were that Bale could be heading to Manchester instead of Madrid. And when asked about those stories following United’s 0-0 draw with Chelsea on Monday, Moyes wasn’t too dismissive about a deal for the 23-year-old Welshman but did confirm they haven’t yet made a bid for Bale.
“As I’ve said to you, Manchester United are always interested in the best players,” Moyes said. “The board and myself are always be willing to sign who we think are the best players, whoever they are.”
That’s the diplomatic answer, but it also begs the question as to whether or not United are planning to table a late bid for Bale to shock everyone. They’re the only other club in the world who can really afford to buy Bale from Tottenham and his move to Real Madrid has now dragged out far longer than anyone would have expected.
Is there a snag in the deal? Is Bale now weighing up his options and wants to stay in the Premier League?
I expect this one to drag out between now and next Sunday night when all of these long-winded transfer rumors, Rooney, Bale, Suárez, will play out like a reality TV show to see who gets paired with what club at the last minute.
Maybe Moyes was being coy to protect a late deal for Bale that United are trying to rush through… or maybe he was just being honest and open ans stating that if a player becomes available to United and they believe he’s of their caliber, they will go get him.
So, is that the case with Bale? Six days and counting, or maybe sooner, until we find out.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:22 AM EST
All the details on where to watch every single PL game live this weekend:
Dec 20, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
New deal extends apparel deal which began in ’95… Will the USA now get creative with jersey design?
Dec 20, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
In the latest PST Extra, JPW and Prindi chat about Sherwood’s potential, a massive London derby and Guzan vs. Cameron:
Dec 20, 2013, 8:56 AM EST
Star striker signs lengthy new deal to hand Liverpool huge boost:
Dec 20, 2013, 8:32 AM EST
Get ready, “Fulhamerica” is about to be back on the map as Dempsey finalizes loan switch:
Dec 20, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
Cardiff boss expected to be fired, as owner Vincent Tan shocks English soccer with appalling behavior:
Dec 20, 2013, 7:25 AM EST
Top teams across Europe scrambling to get AVB on board:
Dec 19, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
They couldn’t wait until January. Swansea’s goalkeeper had to go under the knife as soon as possible.
Dec 19, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
Simple, cheap, and already in wide use. Giving the okay to vanishing spray was an obvious choice.
Dec 19, 2013, 8:54 PM EST
SI.com tabs the NBC studio host as this year’s best newcomer.
Dec 19, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
Six serious injuries but no casualties resulted tonight’s near-miss in Bekal.
Dec 19, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
U.S. Soccer’s 56-member panel as selected the program’s Best XI to celebrate the federation’s centennial.
Dec 19, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
Bluebird ownership is pushing the Scottish boss out the door, with a Monday email leaving Mackay’s departure practically inevitable.
Dec 19, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
The Western Conference champs kept it in-house, ensuring the team’s core philosophies will be in place come 2014.
Dec 19, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
With a victory, Liverpool will climb to the top of the Premier League table.
Dec 19, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
“My only conclusion is you have a business guy operating the club who knows absolutely nothing about football,” Rodgers said.
Dec 19, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
“It’s important to continue in the direction I set out on, which is to be in Europe,” Bradley said.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
Might Google be the next big player in the battle for soccer broadcast rights? John Ourand thinks so.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
The Football Association chairman Greg Dyke says Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere needs to grow up a bit.
Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 AM EST
While supporters and neutrals alike can’t help but dream of a March 2nd all-Manchester final, Jonny Evans is staying grounded.
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 17 0
- Luis Suarez signs new long-term deal at Liverpool 1
- Clint Dempsey undergoes medical at Fulham ahead of loan move from Seattle Sounders 1
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) 10
- Manchester derby in cards for League Cup final 1
- Brendan Rodgers cool on re-signing Luis Suarez to a new deal 2
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (12)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) (10)
- Is Google a player in the game of sports media rights? (9)
- Mexico’s Monterrey dumped out of FIFA Club World Cup (7)
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Klinsmann Shouldn't Have Been Re-signed Before WC
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit