Aug 26, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
We knew CenturyLink Field would be stacked and packed to record levels for Sunday’s Cascadia Cup frenzy. Indeed, the club established a franchise record with a crowd of 67,385. The facts:
- It was the largest crowd ever to see a soccer game in Seattle.
- It was the second-largest crowd for a stand-alone game in MLS history (that is, a match not attached to an international doubleheader).
- As The Seattle Times points out, the team is 8-0-2 in home games where the attendance is over 40,000.
- And it was the third largest soccer attendance in the world this weekend. Yes, in the world. Here’s the list:
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 0
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City: Last-gasp win for Bayern in Bavaria 1
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0