Aug 26, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
We knew CenturyLink Field would be stacked and packed to record levels for Sunday’s Cascadia Cup frenzy. Indeed, the club established a franchise record with a crowd of 67,385. The facts:
- It was the largest crowd ever to see a soccer game in Seattle.
- It was the second-largest crowd for a stand-alone game in MLS history (that is, a match not attached to an international doubleheader).
- As The Seattle Times points out, the team is 8-0-2 in home games where the attendance is over 40,000.
- And it was the third largest soccer attendance in the world this weekend. Yes, in the world. Here’s the list:
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0