Aug 26, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
We knew CenturyLink Field would be stacked and packed to record levels for Sunday’s Cascadia Cup frenzy. Indeed, the club established a franchise record with a crowd of 67,385. The facts:
- It was the largest crowd ever to see a soccer game in Seattle.
- It was the second-largest crowd for a stand-alone game in MLS history (that is, a match not attached to an international doubleheader).
- As The Seattle Times points out, the team is 8-0-2 in home games where the attendance is over 40,000.
- And it was the third largest soccer attendance in the world this weekend. Yes, in the world. Here’s the list:
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1