Aug 26, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
We knew CenturyLink Field would be stacked and packed to record levels for Sunday’s Cascadia Cup frenzy. Indeed, the club established a franchise record with a crowd of 67,385. The facts:
- It was the largest crowd ever to see a soccer game in Seattle.
- It was the second-largest crowd for a stand-alone game in MLS history (that is, a match not attached to an international doubleheader).
- As The Seattle Times points out, the team is 8-0-2 in home games where the attendance is over 40,000.
- And it was the third largest soccer attendance in the world this weekend. Yes, in the world. Here’s the list:
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3