Aug 26, 2013, 3:47 PM EST
We knew CenturyLink Field would be stacked and packed to record levels for Sunday’s Cascadia Cup frenzy. Indeed, the club established a franchise record with a crowd of 67,385. The facts:
- It was the largest crowd ever to see a soccer game in Seattle.
- It was the second-largest crowd for a stand-alone game in MLS history (that is, a match not attached to an international doubleheader).
- As The Seattle Times points out, the team is 8-0-2 in home games where the attendance is over 40,000.
- And it was the third largest soccer attendance in the world this weekend. Yes, in the world. Here’s the list:
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0