Aug 27, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
The People’s Club will soon have The People’s Crest.
Everton have launched an extensive fan consultation process to help decide the new look of their iconic crest.
After the unveiling of their current badge last May – a stripped down version of the iconic badge that failed to contain, among other things, the club motto of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum – the Merseyside club fell under heavy criticism from its supporters.
The backlash sparked Evertonians to put out a petition of complaint, which was signed by more than 22,000 people. And amazingly, it worked. The club promised to take the views of the supporters on board for next season’s design, which will be the eleventh in Everton’s history.
Everton have launched an extensive consultation process inviting fans to complete an online questionnaire, upload their own version of the crest and even apply to join one of a series of focus groups by September 15th. The final design will be decided by a vote.
Director of communications, Alan Myers, explained the club’s desire to make things right: “The 2014-15 crest will be the people’s crest, make no mistake about that,” Myers said.
“All I ask is that the fans trust me, as an Evertonian, to deliver it to them. Every single supporter may not get exactly what they want but they will have the chance to give their input and shape the crest.”
After the questionnaires, focus groups and crest suggestions have been compiled, supporters will then have the power to make the final decision on which badge is chosen through a vote at evertonfc.com/crest.
The results of the vote will be revealed on October 3rd and the new Club crest will appear on all media, buildings, merchandise and kits for the 2014-15 season.
Power to the People.
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 3
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 18