Aug 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EST
Sporting Kansas City has become an MLS leader in plenty of ways. That fabulous park of theirs, with all its high-tech elements and innovative approach to suites and such, is a blueprint for MLS facilities going forward.
SKC has also been a leader in aggressive information generation, with a squad of content creators ably generating audio, video and written word about Peter Vermes and his players.
So who could be surprised that Sporting Kansas City is giving its supporters such an up-close account of the team’s trip into Honduras for tonight’s important CONCACAF Champions League date in Tegucigalpa against Olimpia.
The club’s CCL Journal: Honduras Edition is full of good, insider stuff. From the choice of airports on the trip (San Pedo Sula, rather than navigating the famously tense landings Tegucigalpa), to the final moments before tonight’s kickoff at the Estadio Nacional, the SKC media team is on the job.
Each club has a win so far in Group 2, both over Nicaragua’s Real Esteli, so it already looks like the elimination round spot from this threesome will go to either Olimpia or Sporting KC; so tonight’s match is critical. A draw will probably suffice for the MLS club.
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 0
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2