Aug 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EST
Sporting Kansas City has become an MLS leader in plenty of ways. That fabulous park of theirs, with all its high-tech elements and innovative approach to suites and such, is a blueprint for MLS facilities going forward.
SKC has also been a leader in aggressive information generation, with a squad of content creators ably generating audio, video and written word about Peter Vermes and his players.
So who could be surprised that Sporting Kansas City is giving its supporters such an up-close account of the team’s trip into Honduras for tonight’s important CONCACAF Champions League date in Tegucigalpa against Olimpia.
The club’s CCL Journal: Honduras Edition is full of good, insider stuff. From the choice of airports on the trip (San Pedo Sula, rather than navigating the famously tense landings Tegucigalpa), to the final moments before tonight’s kickoff at the Estadio Nacional, the SKC media team is on the job.
Each club has a win so far in Group 2, both over Nicaragua’s Real Esteli, so it already looks like the elimination round spot from this threesome will go to either Olimpia or Sporting KC; so tonight’s match is critical. A draw will probably suffice for the MLS club.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1