Aug 28, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
On Wednesday former US national team coach Bob Bradley joined Dan Patrick to talk about managing the Egyptian national team amongst all the political turmoil currently affecting the North African nation.
Bradley spoke about his life in Egypt, the problems he faces living in Cairo during deep political instability and all the other issues that come with it.
Patrick started off by asking Bradley about the expectations and goals he has for his Egyptian side.
“The idea from the start is to get to the World Cup. Egypt has had a great history in soccer but hasn’t made the World Cup since 1990. That was the idea. On a day to day basis, it’s managing the team given everything that goes on here.”
The Pharaohs are through to the playoff round in CAF World Cup qualifying and face a pivotal home and away series in October to decide their World Cup fate. But first up they must finish the group stages with a game against Guinea on September 6.
Watch the entire interview with Bradley on the Dan Patrick Show, above.
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 8
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0