Aug 31, 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
Cardiff City look to build on their amazing 3-2 win against Manchester City by picking up three points against visiting Everton (10 am ET, watch live on NBCSN and via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Manchester City may have taken the lead against the Welsh side last Sunday, but a quick response by Aron Gunnarsson a Frazier Campbell brace inside ten minutes gave Cardiff all three points. That had to have helped lift the spirits of the newly promoted side, who lost 2-0 to West Ham on their opening day.
Meanwhile, Everton have yet to lose a match under new manager Roberto Martinez — although they’ve yet to win a match, either. The Spaniard looked mighty frustrated last week as an organized West Brom managed to keep out every attempt by the Toffees. But Martinez makes no changes to last week’s lineup, gambling on the fact that it was bad luck (and the post) that kept the goals from going in the net last week, rather than the skill of his attackers.
Will the Bluebirds be able to build on last week’s impressive performance? Or will Everton finally manage to get into the swing of things? Let us know.
Cardiff City: Marshall, Connolly, Caulker, Turner, Taylor, Whittingham, Medel, Kim, Gunnarsson, Bellamy, Campbell
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Mirallas, Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, Fellaini, Jelavic
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 5
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3