Aug 31, 2013, 9:31 AM EST
Cardiff City look to build on their amazing 3-2 win against Manchester City by picking up three points against visiting Everton (10 am ET, watch live on NBCSN and via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Manchester City may have taken the lead against the Welsh side last Sunday, but a quick response by Aron Gunnarsson a Frazier Campbell brace inside ten minutes gave Cardiff all three points. That had to have helped lift the spirits of the newly promoted side, who lost 2-0 to West Ham on their opening day.
Meanwhile, Everton have yet to lose a match under new manager Roberto Martinez — although they’ve yet to win a match, either. The Spaniard looked mighty frustrated last week as an organized West Brom managed to keep out every attempt by the Toffees. But Martinez makes no changes to last week’s lineup, gambling on the fact that it was bad luck (and the post) that kept the goals from going in the net last week, rather than the skill of his attackers.
Will the Bluebirds be able to build on last week’s impressive performance? Or will Everton finally manage to get into the swing of things? Let us know.
Cardiff City: Marshall, Connolly, Caulker, Turner, Taylor, Whittingham, Medel, Kim, Gunnarsson, Bellamy, Campbell
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Mirallas, Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, Fellaini, Jelavic
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (21)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)