Aug 31, 2013, 9:31 AM EST
Cardiff City look to build on their amazing 3-2 win against Manchester City by picking up three points against visiting Everton (10 am ET, watch live on NBCSN and via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Manchester City may have taken the lead against the Welsh side last Sunday, but a quick response by Aron Gunnarsson a Frazier Campbell brace inside ten minutes gave Cardiff all three points. That had to have helped lift the spirits of the newly promoted side, who lost 2-0 to West Ham on their opening day.
Meanwhile, Everton have yet to lose a match under new manager Roberto Martinez — although they’ve yet to win a match, either. The Spaniard looked mighty frustrated last week as an organized West Brom managed to keep out every attempt by the Toffees. But Martinez makes no changes to last week’s lineup, gambling on the fact that it was bad luck (and the post) that kept the goals from going in the net last week, rather than the skill of his attackers.
Will the Bluebirds be able to build on last week’s impressive performance? Or will Everton finally manage to get into the swing of things? Let us know.
Cardiff City: Marshall, Connolly, Caulker, Turner, Taylor, Whittingham, Medel, Kim, Gunnarsson, Bellamy, Campbell
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Mirallas, Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, Fellaini, Jelavic
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0