Aug 31, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Every day between now and the end of the European transfer window, we’ll detail every remarkable signing in our Done Deal report. On Friday, we saw a spike of activity, with major deals seeing affecting players across in each of Europe’s five biggest leagues:
Cardiff City - The Bluebirds pulled the trigger on a move for Nacional of Uruguay’s Maximiliano Amondarain, a 20-year-old defender who has appeared for his country at U-20 level. He moves on a four-year deal.
Tottenham Hotspur - The long-rumored move of Steaua Bucharest’s Vlad Chiriches was finally finalized on Friday. The 23-year-old Romanian international will give André Villas-Boas some much-needed depth in the middle. Christian Erikson and Erik Lamela’s transfers were also finalized, putting Spurs’ summer spending at €118 million in transfer fees alone. I sure hope they find a way to offset that cost.
Augsburg - The Bavarians secured the season-long loan of Arkadiusz Milik, a 19-year-old Polish striker from Bayer Leverkusen.
Bayer Leverkusen - Out with one striker, in with another, as Bayer’s taken on big Eren Derdiyok, the Swiss international returning on loan to the club he left a season ago. The striker had moves to Hoffenheim.
Schalke - Kevin Prince Boateng, two days after scoring twice to help Milan qualify for Champions League, has moved to Germany, in the process calling the Bundesliga the best league in the world. The fee was undisclosed.
Stuttgart - In another surprise move, Stuttgart sold their captain, Serdar Tasci, to Dinamo Moscow in Russia. Again, the fee was undisclosed.
Milan - The Rossoneri have added veteran striker Alessandro Matri from Juventus, paying €11 million to take on a player who’d been squeezed out by the Bianconeri’s summer dealings.
Monaco - Another huge purchase for the newly-promoted club sees sought-after midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia move from Sevilla, signing a five-year deal after Monaco hit his €20 million release clause.
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs