Aug 31, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Every day between now and Monday’s end of the European transfer window, we’ll detail every remarkable signing in our Done Deal report. Saturday was a slow day, but we still saw a couple of prominent names find new homes through Europe’s top five leagues:
Cardiff City – French defender Kevin Theophile-Catherine, who had spent his entire career at Stade Rennes in Ligue 1, completed his move to the Welsh club on Saturday. Although no official fee was announced, a $3.25 million price is thought to being the 23-year-old on a four-year deal.
Sunderland – Completing a long-rumored loan move, South Korean international midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng (pictured) arrives from Swansea City, where he has lost playing time since his initial arrival from Celtic at this time last year. The 24-year-old has already appeared 51 times for his country.
Schalke – Finnish international Teemu Pukki ends his two-year stint in Gelsenkirchen with a move to Celtic, signing a four-year deal in Scotland.
Udinese – Perpetually loaning players out, Udinese have found homes for two more. Veteran center back Andrea Coda, who has been with the club since 2006, will spent the season with Livorno, while Giovanni Pasquale, a 31-year-old fullback, will spend the season at Torino.
Bastia – Oh, how far Milos Krasic has fallen. In the last three years he’s gone from CSKA Moscow, to Juventus, to Fenerbahçe, to Bastia, where he’ll send the season after his loan was confirmed tonight.
Monaco – Delvin Ndinga a 25-year-old midfielder who played regularly for Monaco last season, had been loaned to Olympiakos, the Congolese international a late victim of Monaco’s prodigious summer build-up.
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 2
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 6
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 3