Aug 31, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Every day between now and Monday’s end of the European transfer window, we’ll detail every remarkable signing in our Done Deal report. Saturday was a slow day, but we still saw a couple of prominent names find new homes through Europe’s top five leagues:
Cardiff City – French defender Kevin Theophile-Catherine, who had spent his entire career at Stade Rennes in Ligue 1, completed his move to the Welsh club on Saturday. Although no official fee was announced, a $3.25 million price is thought to being the 23-year-old on a four-year deal.
Sunderland – Completing a long-rumored loan move, South Korean international midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng (pictured) arrives from Swansea City, where he has lost playing time since his initial arrival from Celtic at this time last year. The 24-year-old has already appeared 51 times for his country.
Schalke – Finnish international Teemu Pukki ends his two-year stint in Gelsenkirchen with a move to Celtic, signing a four-year deal in Scotland.
Udinese – Perpetually loaning players out, Udinese have found homes for two more. Veteran center back Andrea Coda, who has been with the club since 2006, will spent the season with Livorno, while Giovanni Pasquale, a 31-year-old fullback, will spend the season at Torino.
Bastia – Oh, how far Milos Krasic has fallen. In the last three years he’s gone from CSKA Moscow, to Juventus, to Fenerbahçe, to Bastia, where he’ll send the season after his loan was confirmed tonight.
Monaco – Delvin Ndinga a 25-year-old midfielder who played regularly for Monaco last season, had been loaned to Olympiakos, the Congolese international a late victim of Monaco’s prodigious summer build-up.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear