Aug 31, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
We had to wait for well over an hour for the first Premier League goal of the 10am kick offs, but that wait was certainly worth it after Nathan Redmond scored a terrific goal at Carrow Road.
The goal was Redmond’s first-ever Premier League strike after his summer switch from Birmingham City and it gave his Norwich side a 1-0 lead over Southampton with just over 20 minute to play.
In the 67th minute Redmond was picked out by Leroy Fer with a fine cross-field ball and the 19-year-old winger cut in from the left and took on three Southampton defenders before rifling home a low drive from 25-yards out at Artur Boruc‘s near post. Unstoppable strike.
Saints’ players will be disappointed with the defending but it was a terrific strike from Redmond.
Watch the rest of the game play out via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 0
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 1
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 2
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0