Aug 31, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
We had to wait for well over an hour for the first Premier League goal of the 10am kick offs, but that wait was certainly worth it after Nathan Redmond scored a terrific goal at Carrow Road.
The goal was Redmond’s first-ever Premier League strike after his summer switch from Birmingham City and it gave his Norwich side a 1-0 lead over Southampton with just over 20 minute to play.
In the 67th minute Redmond was picked out by Leroy Fer with a fine cross-field ball and the 19-year-old winger cut in from the left and took on three Southampton defenders before rifling home a low drive from 25-yards out at Artur Boruc‘s near post. Unstoppable strike.
Saints’ players will be disappointed with the defending but it was a terrific strike from Redmond.
Watch the rest of the game play out via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 2
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 4
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 11
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 5