Aug 31, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
Southampton travel to Norwich today, hoping to keep their unbeaten streak alive (10 am ET, watch live via NBC Sports Live Extra). The Saints have picked up four points from their first two matches and Mauricio Pochettino‘s men are hoping for three in a row against a slightly struggling Norwich side.
Southampton made a good start to the season with a 1-0 away win over West Brom, but were held to a 1-1 draw by Sunderland last week. However, the Saints have something special up their sleeve for Norwich, as they’re handing a debut to new forward Pablo Osvaldo. The Italian international joins from Roma, and his appearance on the pitch could very well bring a dramatic goal…or an elbow to the forehead and an instant red card. Either way, things could get interesting.
Norwich played out a 2-2 thriller against Everton to start off the year, but couldn’t find a goal against Hull City last week, losing 1-0. With just one point to their name, the Canaries are already looking to turn the season around. Chris Hughton is hoping that making a couple of changes to his lineup will help: Johan Elmander makes his full Premier League debut today, while captain Sebastien Bassong also returns after missing the first two matches through injury.
Will Norwich get off the ground today at Carrow Road? Will Southampton make the Canaries sing? Or will it be a dull day all around? Seems unlikely, considering these two’s styles, but tell us what you think.
Norwich: Ruddy; Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido; Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Redmond; Elmander; van Wolfswinkel.
Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Fox, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Ward-Prowse, Lallana, Osvaldo, Lambert.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1