Aug 31, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
Southampton travel to Norwich today, hoping to keep their unbeaten streak alive (10 am ET, watch live via NBC Sports Live Extra). The Saints have picked up four points from their first two matches and Mauricio Pochettino‘s men are hoping for three in a row against a slightly struggling Norwich side.
Southampton made a good start to the season with a 1-0 away win over West Brom, but were held to a 1-1 draw by Sunderland last week. However, the Saints have something special up their sleeve for Norwich, as they’re handing a debut to new forward Pablo Osvaldo. The Italian international joins from Roma, and his appearance on the pitch could very well bring a dramatic goal…or an elbow to the forehead and an instant red card. Either way, things could get interesting.
Norwich played out a 2-2 thriller against Everton to start off the year, but couldn’t find a goal against Hull City last week, losing 1-0. With just one point to their name, the Canaries are already looking to turn the season around. Chris Hughton is hoping that making a couple of changes to his lineup will help: Johan Elmander makes his full Premier League debut today, while captain Sebastien Bassong also returns after missing the first two matches through injury.
Will Norwich get off the ground today at Carrow Road? Will Southampton make the Canaries sing? Or will it be a dull day all around? Seems unlikely, considering these two’s styles, but tell us what you think.
Norwich: Ruddy; Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido; Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Redmond; Elmander; van Wolfswinkel.
Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Fox, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Ward-Prowse, Lallana, Osvaldo, Lambert.
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 1
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire