Aug 31, 2013, 9:23 PM EST
Six matches later, and Chelsea, who entered the weekend first in the Premier League still sit atop the table. Manchester City and Stoke City used Saturday wins to move to six points, but thanks to their Monday result at Manchester United, José Mourinho’s Blues stay in first despite taking the weekend off to play in the UEFA Super Cup.
Beyond the Sky Blues and Potters collecting their second win in three, the day’s other notable results came at the other end of the table, where Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, and Norwich City claimed their first wins of the season.
Those finals are all covered in the Saturday review, above, as well as in their individual highlight packages, below.
West Ham-Stoke City
Manchester City-Hull City
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1