Aug 31, 2013, 9:23 PM EST
Six matches later, and Chelsea, who entered the weekend first in the Premier League still sit atop the table. Manchester City and Stoke City used Saturday wins to move to six points, but thanks to their Monday result at Manchester United, José Mourinho’s Blues stay in first despite taking the weekend off to play in the UEFA Super Cup.
Beyond the Sky Blues and Potters collecting their second win in three, the day’s other notable results came at the other end of the table, where Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, and Norwich City claimed their first wins of the season.
Those finals are all covered in the Saturday review, above, as well as in their individual highlight packages, below.
West Ham-Stoke City
Manchester City-Hull City
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3