Aug 31, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
Six matches later, and Chelsea, who entered the weekend first in the Premier League still sit atop the table. Manchester City and Stoke City used Saturday wins to move to six points, but thanks to their Monday result at Manchester United, José Mourinho’s Blues stay in first despite taking the weekend off to play in the UEFA Super Cup.
Beyond the Sky Blues and Potters collecting their second win in three, the day’s other notable results came at the other end of the table, where Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, and Norwich City claimed their first wins of the season.
Those finals are all covered in the Saturday review, above, as well as in their individual highlight packages, below.
West Ham-Stoke City
Manchester City-Hull City
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 2
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 5
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1