Aug 31, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
Six matches later, and Chelsea, who entered the weekend first in the Premier League still sit atop the table. Manchester City and Stoke City used Saturday wins to move to six points, but thanks to their Monday result at Manchester United, José Mourinho’s Blues stay in first despite taking the weekend off to play in the UEFA Super Cup.
Beyond the Sky Blues and Potters collecting their second win in three, the day’s other notable results came at the other end of the table, where Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, and Norwich City claimed their first wins of the season.
Those finals are all covered in the Saturday review, above, as well as in their individual highlight packages, below.
West Ham-Stoke City
Manchester City-Hull City
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3