Aug 31, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
The former Sevilla striker was found in the box by a pinpoint cross from Pablo Zabaleta and he could hardly miss as Negredo headed downwards past a helpless Alan McGregor.
It was the second week in a row that Negredo had jumped off the bench to score for City and he must now be pushing for his first start for Manuel Pellegrini’s side.
The opening goal was slightly harsh on Hull who acquitted themselves well for the first 60 minutes but came undone just after the hour.
Can Man City seal all three points?
Watch the final minutes live via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1