Aug 31, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
The former Sevilla striker was found in the box by a pinpoint cross from Pablo Zabaleta and he could hardly miss as Negredo headed downwards past a helpless Alan McGregor.
It was the second week in a row that Negredo had jumped off the bench to score for City and he must now be pushing for his first start for Manuel Pellegrini’s side.
The opening goal was slightly harsh on Hull who acquitted themselves well for the first 60 minutes but came undone just after the hour.
Can Man City seal all three points?
Watch the final minutes live via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes