Aug 31, 2013, 8:34 AM EST
Manchester City haven’t lost two Premier League games in a row since October 2010… But Hull obviously hadn’t heard that stat.
The Tigers impressed early on and did extremely well throughout the entire first half.
The 24-year-old striker was played in and only had Hart to beat but he scuffed his shot wide of the post as Man City were let off the hook.
Then on 11 minutes Danny Graham slotted in at the back post as Hull boss Steve Bruce celebrated… but his jubilation was premature as the offside flag was raised.
And the theme of the first half continued as Hull captain Robert Koren smashed a volley from the edge of the box just past the post after 15 minutes, as the Tigers started off impressively at the Etihad.
The teams went in 0-0 at half time with Hull letting the Citizens off the hook.
Can the Tigers grab a surprise win or draw at Man City? Watch the second half via NBC Sports Live Extra to find out.
- Luis Suarez signs new long-term deal at Liverpool 1
- Clint Dempsey undergoes medical at Fulham ahead of loan move from Seattle Sounders 0
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) 9
- Manchester derby in cards for League Cup final 1
- Brendan Rodgers cool on re-signing Luis Suarez to a new deal 2
- Abby Wambach’s 2011 goal against Brazil voted best moment in U.S. Soccer history 3
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (12)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) (9)
- Mexico’s Monterrey dumped out of FIFA Club World Cup (7)
- Rafa Marquez about to re-connect with MLS (7)
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Klinsmann Shouldn't Have Been Re-signed Before WC
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit