Aug 31, 2013, 10:08 AM EDT
West Ham have made an undefeated start to this Premier League season, and hope to continue that trend today against Stoke. (10 am ET, watch live via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Potters finally came to life in the second half of last week’s game against Crystal Palace, but it’s clear that Stoke are still struggling to adapt to Mark Hughes’ tactical changes. This is still a side of players trading on their physicality and relying on the long ball, and it will likely take more than a few rounds to make a true shift in favor of passing football.
West Ham, meanwhile, are rather used to life under Sam Allardyce, and are quite content to simply not face a relegation battle. With four points already in the bag, it seems likely the Irons will have much to fret about this season.
What say you — will this be a dreadfully boring match, or will one of the sides look to surprise?
West Ham: Jaaskelainen, Demel, O’Brien, Collins, Reid, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Downing, Jarvis, Maiga
Stoke City; Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Huth, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Wilson, Adam, Etherington; Jones
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0