Sep 1, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s the good ol’ North London derby as two fierce rivals square off at the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger still hasn’t spent a penny in the transfer window, but his injury-ravaged squad is slowly but surely returning to fitness.
Laurent Koscielny is back from suspension and Jack Wilshire returns to the starting lineup as the side that squashed Fulham last weekend in league play and Fenerbahce twice in the Champions League gets even better.
Wenger sweetened the pot before the match claiming his side is better than Spurs despite the free-spending transfer window for Daniel Levy’s Tottenham. Brand new signing Erik Lamela is on the bench for Andre Villas-Boas as the Spurs squad looks to shift towards an emphasis on the new players.
For Arsenal, new free transfer Mathieu Flamini also makes the Gunners bench to give Arsenal a touch of depth.
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2