Sep 1, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s the good ol’ North London derby as two fierce rivals square off at the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger still hasn’t spent a penny in the transfer window, but his injury-ravaged squad is slowly but surely returning to fitness.
Laurent Koscielny is back from suspension and Jack Wilshire returns to the starting lineup as the side that squashed Fulham last weekend in league play and Fenerbahce twice in the Champions League gets even better.
Wenger sweetened the pot before the match claiming his side is better than Spurs despite the free-spending transfer window for Daniel Levy’s Tottenham. Brand new signing Erik Lamela is on the bench for Andre Villas-Boas as the Spurs squad looks to shift towards an emphasis on the new players.
For Arsenal, new free transfer Mathieu Flamini also makes the Gunners bench to give Arsenal a touch of depth.
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs