Sep 1, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
It’s the good ol’ North London derby as two fierce rivals square off at the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger still hasn’t spent a penny in the transfer window, but his injury-ravaged squad is slowly but surely returning to fitness.
Laurent Koscielny is back from suspension and Jack Wilshire returns to the starting lineup as the side that squashed Fulham last weekend in league play and Fenerbahce twice in the Champions League gets even better.
Wenger sweetened the pot before the match claiming his side is better than Spurs despite the free-spending transfer window for Daniel Levy’s Tottenham. Brand new signing Erik Lamela is on the bench for Andre Villas-Boas as the Spurs squad looks to shift towards an emphasis on the new players.
For Arsenal, new free transfer Mathieu Flamini also makes the Gunners bench to give Arsenal a touch of depth.
- Three things we learned from Chelsea’s win vs. Manchester United 0
- Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United: Hazard leads defensive Blues past Red Devils 0
- Arsenal 2-1 Reading: Alexis helps Gunners clinch FA Cup final berth 0
- Stoke City 2-1 Southampton: Adam’s goal seals comeback; dashes Saints top four hopes 1
- Leicester City 2-0 Swansea City: Pearson’s Foxes dominant in massive win 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0